Stop Doing That (Dean x Cas)

Cas was waiting in the bunker for Sam and Dean to return from their hunt. They had called earlier that day to say they would be home soon but it had been a while and Cas was starting to worry. He picked up his phone and considered ringing them again but just then the door opened. Sam ran straight past him into the kitchen and started looking through the cupboard.

He then looked back and saw Dean stumble into the bunker with a towel stained with blood pressed against his arm. There was a gash on the side of his face and blood had dripped onto his shirt. Cas jumped up and ran over to him as he leaned against the wall and looked down at his arm. Cas helped Dean over to the table and pulled out a chair as Dean fell into it.

"Dean, what happened to you?" Cas asked his voiced filled with worry.

"Werewolf hunt went bad. Got shot, got the bullet out but it's still pretty bad." Dean explained.

Sam returned with a first aid box in his hands. He placed it down on the table next to Dean and opened it. The only things left in it were bandages, a needle, and thread.

"No painkillers." Sam sighed. "Things practically empty."

"Sam can you run out and get more stuff for it, I'll take of Dean," Cas suggested.

Sam nodded as he grabbed the keys to the Impala and ran out of the bunker. Cas grabbed a chair and dragged it over to Dean. Cas took the needle and thread out of the box and rolled up Dean's sleeve so he could see the wound. Dean bit the inside of his cheek as Cas started to stitch it up.

"Dean you need to be careful, you're going to end up dead one day," Cas said shaking his head.

"Wouldn't be the first time." Dean laughed.

"Dean this isn't funny."

"I know Cas, I know. Just trying not to think about the pain."

Cas cut the thread as he finished the stitches. He wrapped the bandage around Dean's arm and pulled it tight. He picked up a cloth off the table and turned his attention to the cut on Dean's face.

Cas put his hand on Dean's cheek and turned his head to the side and rested his thumb on his chin. He wiped the cut clean and looked Dean in the eyes as he realized how close they were.

"Thank you, Cas," Dean said after a minute.

"For what?" Cas asked.

"For always being here when we get back and for always fixing me up. I don't know where we'd be without you, it really means a lot to us, to me. Thank you."

Dean looked up and met Cas' gaze as he finished talking.

"Dean I will always be by your side. Meeting you it's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I have been alive since the start of mankind. You have shown me what it's like to feel, to be human. I owe so much to you. By now I feel like it's my job to keep you alive. You mean too much to me."

"You gotta stop doing that." Dean smiled as he turned his head away.

"What?" Cas tilted his head in confusion.

"Saying things that make me wanna kiss you."

Cas turned Dean's head so he was looking at him again. They both sat in silence for a minute looking at each other. It wasn't the usual "I wish I could tell you how I feel" look, it was softer, more gentle.

Cas moved his hand to the back of Dean's head and pulled him forward. He hesitated for a second expecting Dean to pull away and laugh it off or get annoyed. Instead, Dean leaned forward and gently brushed his lips off Cas'.

"Maybe I should keep saying things like that." Cas smiled.

"Maybe." Dean chuckled as he rested his forehead on Cas'.

-Admin Tink