Coffee For Winchester? (Sabriel)

Sam jogged downstairs and grabbed his jacket from the coat rack as he headed for the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Dean called.

Sam looked over and noticed Dean who was sprawled out on the couch. He looked heavily hung over, as usual.

"I'm heading down to the coffee shop, you wanna come? You look like you could use it." Sam asked.

"Ya sure," Dean mumbled.

Dean pushed himself off the couch and staggered as he stood up almost falling back down again.

"Wow, what did you do last night?" Sam laughed.

"Well I um I - I can't remember, but it must have been awesome," Dean admitted.

Sam rolled his eyes as Dean grabbed his leather jacket and they stepped outside.

It was the middle of September meaning that it had started to get colder and the leaves were changing. Sam had a satisfied smile on his face as he walked through a pile of leaves and heard them crunch under his feet.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the small coffee shop and Sam was glad as Dean wasn't one for conversation seeing as he could barely walk in a straight line. Sam heard the small bell ring as he pushed open the door and was greeted with the usual smell of freshly brewed coffee and cookies.

"Heya Sam, the usual?" The owner called from behind the counter.

"Ya, but can I get two, thanks, Gabriel." Sam nodded.

Gabriel was the owner of the coffee shop and the only worker. Over the summer his younger brother Castiel would come to help out but the rest of the time it was just him. Sam would come in at the same time every day and Gabriel would have his order ready. Sam liked to come in mornings as it was quiet and he could some work done on his laptop, and well he would get to see Gabriel.

Sam had to admit Gabriel was cute but he had never worked up the courage to talk to him outside of ordering coffee. The main reason Sam came every morning was to try and get a chance to talk to him, but he always chickened out last second and now it was just habit to show up.

"Coffee for Winchester."

"Thanks." Sam smiled as he grabbed his coffees of the counter.

He headed down to the back of the shop followed by Dean. They sat at a small table next to the window. Sam ran his finger along the rim of the takeaway coffee cup and as Dean picked up his own. Dean started coughing as he took a sip out of his drink.

"Oh God, how much sugar is in that thing?" Dean coughed.

"Ya Gabriel has a bit of a sweet tooth you get used to it." Sam laughed.

He looked up at Gabriel who, as usual, had a lollipop in his mouth. Sam smiled as he spun his cup around to take a sip out of it.

He looked down confused because there was something else written where is name would normally be.

You're hot, call me ;)

Was written on the cup followed by a phone number. Sam could feel his face turning red as he stared down at the cup.

"You ok man?" Dean asked snapping Sam out of his trance.

"Uhh ya fine." Sam said quickly as he stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to go ... iron ... my cat." Sam instantly regretted saying anything.

"We live in the same house!" Dean shouted.

"And?"

"And I'm allergic to cats!"

"Look I gotta go, ok?"

Sam picked up the cup and rushed out the door. Dean was left stunned as he stared down at the table.

"What the hell?" He mumbled.

He looked up to see Gabriel was also staring at the door with a puzzled look on his face. Dean shook it off as he picked up his cup taking another sip.

The next morning Sam came into the shop as usual as if nothing had happened. He nodded at Gabriel as he took a seat at the window and took out his laptop. He started typing as he waited for his coffee.

"Coffee for the guy who still hasn't called me."

Sam hid his face in his hands and sighed as he closed his laptop. He shook his head as he looked up to see Gabriel looking at him with his eyebrow raised and a lollipop practically hanging out of his mouth.

He walked up and picked up the cup and noticed that once again Gabriel had written his number on it.

"Not gonna give up huh?" Sam asked handing the money.

"I'm going to keep writing it on all of your coffees until you call me." He answered casually as he took the money from Sam.

"I'll call you once you start writing it on free coffees." Sam teased as he started to walk back to his seat.

"Was that an invite to buy you a drink?"

"Maybe."

Gabriel fist-bumped the air as Sam turned around.

"Yes!"

Sam spun back around again causing Gabriel to panic and cough and pretend to fix his hair.

Every time Sam looked up from his laptop Gabriel would dart his eyes away and pretend he hadn't been staring. Once Sam had finished his coffee he packed up his laptop and headed towards the door.

"Bye Gabriel." He waved.

"See ya, Sammy."

Later that night as Gabriel turned off the lights as he started to close the shop he heard the bell ring.

"Sorry, we're closed."

There was no sign of the person leaving. Gabriel rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Look, you'll have to come back tomo- oh Sam what are you doing here?"

Sam was leaning against the counter with his head tilted to the side.

"Just trying something."

Sam walked towards Gabriel who was frozen in place. He placed his hand under his chin and tilted it up until his eyes met his own. He leaned down and placed a kiss on his lips before pulling away again.

"Hm, maybe I will call you after all."

With that, he turned around and left again. Gabriel let out a breath once he had left and stood still for a few minutes before finishing closing the shop.

Sam walked into the shop the next morning and smiled at Gabriel as he took his usual seat.

"Coffee for the great kisser," Gabriel called as he placed the coffee down on the counter.

-Admin Tink