CHAPTER 15: Heart Attack

Start from the beginning

Kevin was terrified of the current condition of the poor man and of what might become of him next. The man was tired and he didn't notice Kevin's presence.

Kevin saw Duke picking up a wrench and heading towards the man. Kevin watched with a sad frown on his face. He put his hand on his stomach trying to move back inside the room but he couldn't because of his severe abdominal pain. Plus, his surgical wound was still tender.

Once Duke reached the man he laughed then turned toward Kevin and said, "Watch this." Kevin closed eyes. He just couldn't bear watching the suffering of another human being.

🎶 That the tide could turn 🎶

🎶 so fast to this degree 🎶

Then he heard the poor man screaming like something was blocking his airway. Kevin lowered his head down and covered his ears. But he could still hear the loud disturbing sound.

Next, he heard a sound of gargling. Kevin shivered and shut his teeth tightly then yelled, "Stop it, please."

Duke stopped what he was doing, the man was breathing heavily، choking on his own blood, and Kevin rested his hands on his lap relieved that that was over. Or so he thought. Duke come closer to Kevin, kneeled on one knee, then grabbed his cheeks and said calmly, "I want you to look at him, or I'll start tearing him apart slowly and make sure that he's conscious during all that. Understood?"

🎶 Can't believe my eyes 🎶

🎶 How can you be so blind? 🎶

Kevin opened his eyes, they were welling up with tears, and he was fighting a cry in his throat. He looked at Duke and bitterly shook a yes. So, he released the kid's face and patted his cheek saying, "Atta boy."

Kevin's cheeks were all stained with the man's blood now. He saw the wrench on the floor along with several bloody teeth. Before he lifted his head to see the poor man.

 Before he lifted his head to see the poor man

Duke turned to the man, "Good news. This kid's gonna decide where to stab you."

"What?" Kevin was startled.

🎶 Is the heart of stone? 🎶

The man with his mouth filled with blood and several of his teeth were missing that he could hardly talk, stared at Kevin and pled, "Please... help me..." While Duke grabbed a thick, long, large machete knife from his surgery table.

" While Duke grabbed a thick, long, large machete knife from his surgery table