Chapter 22

Thankfully the get together at Chris' seems fairly laid back and there aren't any too famous faces to be intimidated by. Although I get the impression some of the guys there are probably musicians in other bands, I don't recognise any of them except for Olly Murs, who I know a little bit about and he is so charming and easy to talk to that I soon find myself at ease with him.

We spend the early part of the evening chatting to various people whilst music plays in the background. As the night wears on, I remind Harry that I need to work in tomorrow.

"I'll get you back in plenty of time don't worry." He says, he is slightly flushed from several beers but seems to be enjoying himself and, tired as I am, I don't want to drag him away, so I settle myself into the sofa next to him. Ed appears guitar in hand and perches on the arm next to me.

"Gonna play something?" Harry asks

My eyes light up, and I look to Ed. "Oooh yes, please play!" I plead a little too eagerly.

It seems he doesn't require any more encouragement than that as he launches into an acoustic version of his recent hit Shape of you and a few people start to dance in the large living room.

The club isn't the best place to find a lover
So the bar is where I go
Me and my friends at the table doing shots
Drinking fast and then we talk slow
Come over and start up a conversation with just me

And trust me I'll give it a chance now
Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance, and now I'm singing like..

As Ed reaches the chorus, Mel grabs my hand and pulls me up out of my chair.

"Dance with me!!" She says a bit too loudly and starts shaking her hips.

Reluctantly I join her, she's had more than a few drinks at this point, and I know arguing will be futile.

I can feel Harry's eyes on me as I move to the music and shake my arse in his direction a little more forcefully than I probably should when we're in company, but I'm reasonably sure no one here is going to care.

I feel his long arms snake around my waist from behind, and our hips start to move slowly in time with each other and the music, finding a natural rhythm.

As the song comes to an end, Ed doesn't miss a beat as he launches in to Give me love, the very song that was playing in my room the first time I took Harry into it.

I see the cheeky wink Ed gives Harry and realise he's put him up to this.

"Did you..?"

"Maybe. This is my new favourite of his songs." Harry answers.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, reminds me of an amazing woman I met recently."

"Shit, is she here? " I tease him stepping out of his hold on me and pretending to look around the room for his mystery woman.

"Shut up and dance with me, I promise to avoid your toes." He orders, taking my hand and twirling me around until we are facing one and other.

I wrap my arms around his neck. We move slowly, swaying to Ed's beautiful rendition.

Give a little time to me or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow
My, my, my, my, oh give me love
Give a little time to me, or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow