Chapter 11

"Wow. You look... incredible." Harry stammers as I make my way slowly down the stairs.

He is in the hallway, adjusting an oversized scarf that is hanging loosely around his neck. He has paired this with a black woollen sweater, skinny jeans and his standard Chelsea boots and he looks good enough to eat.

I blush profusely, trying to look graceful without losing my footing in the new stilettos which have a much higher heel than I am used to.

I am wearing one of the two dresses I bought in Camden with Mel, which seems like a lifetime ago now, was it really only yesterday? The dress is simple, black with a low cut back, the bottom of the skirt grazes the midsection of my thighs. It matches the shoes well.

I'm grateful that I had the fore-thought to bring my make up bag with me, so I've been able to try and make myself look good enough to be on his arm. I am reasonably sure I've failed at that almost impossible task, but the look on Harry's face as he looks me up and down and whistles out a deep breath gives me hope that he at least, approves.

He takes my hand to help me down the last two stairs, as I reach the bottom he kisses me on the cheek.

"Ready to go?" He asks as he pulls on a smart black coat.

"I think so, but then as I don't know where we're going, I don't know what I should be ready for." I tease him.

He helps me into my coat and takes my hand. Toby is waiting outside in the Mercedes when we exit and Harry rushes to open the door for me, and extends his hand to help me climb into the back seat of the car. I wonder idly who taught him to have such good manners and make a mental note to thank his mother, should I ever meet her.

We turn out of Harry's drive and head towards central London, the traffic is heavy as always. Harry fiddles with a few switches in the back of the car and Fleetwood Mac's classic album 'Rumours' starts to play quietly in the small space. We are seated on either side of the large back seat, but despite that, I can still feel the warmth emanating from his body and the urge to scoot over and cuddle up into him is almost overwhelming.

"Do I get to know where we are headed yet?" I ask again

"I told you its a surprise. You'll see soon enough," He takes my hand across the seats and rubs circles around the back of it with his thumb.

A few minutes later we pull up outside of a small restaurant, and I think we're somewhere near Victoria.

The sign above the door reads 'Il Convivio' so I assume its Italian. I suddenly realise I'm starving and am very grateful that he's taking me to eat.

Harry exits the car and strides around to open my door, as we approach the restaurant, I notice that its empty and wonder if they are actually open. Harry casually swings open the door and holds it open for me. The sight inside takes my breath away.

The entire place is filled with candles, there are no electric lights anywhere that I can see. Every table seems to have been moved up against the walls, except for one. In the very centre of the room is a table set for two, with a beautiful single Lily in a vase in the centre, a crisp white table cloth and low backed wooden chairs. A woman's voice, singing in Italian is emanating from the speakers in the corners of the room.

"Mr Styles. A pleasure to see you again, sir. I believe everything is as you requested. May I take your coats?" Asks a well-dressed man in a suit who greets us.

I hand my coat over to him as Harry shakes his hand in greeting, and stare up at him, bemused.

"Is all this.. for us?"