Chapter 85

Harry's perspective.

"Do I finally get to open my present now?" I whine childishly to Katie once we have demolished our cupcakes

"Hmm... I'm not sure. This whole sharing a birthday thing... it's not really my cup of tea, to be honest, maybe we should wait and celebrate yours properly when we get home?" She teases me

"Hmph."I pout and fold my arms over my chest in a mock tantrum

"Ok, ok, jeez you really aren't used to not getting your own way are you?" Katie continues to give me a hard time, and I can't help but roll my eyes at her.

"Hey! I've been a good boy. I've been waiting for weeks to see what's inside that little purple box." I moan and am rewarded by Katie fishing around in her bag for the present which she places on the white tablecloth between us.

"Happy birthday Harry, I'm sorry I didn't get to give this to you on the day." She says in a low voice as I reach forward and pick up the package, it takes me all of two seconds to rip off the paper and I am left holding a small black box.

Playing up my childish side, I shake the box rapidly back and forth by my ear, trying to guess what might be inside before snapping the lid open.

Inside sits a three-tiered silver ring with engravings etched around the bands, Latin I think, although I am not going to pretend I've got the first clue what it says.

"The engraving says 'Be kind to everyone'," Katie informs me, reaching over and turning the ring in my hands so that I can see the intricate details.

"Katie... it's perfect. Thank you so much!" I enthuse, slipping the ring on to my middle finger and holding it up to admire it.

"What do you buy the man who has everything?" Katie muses "It seemed appropriate given your motto."

"Treat people with kindness," I reply, staring lovingly at the ring, it really is perfect.

"Is it my turn now?" Katie interrupts me "Don't think for one minute that just cos I hide it well doesn't mean I'm not a spoilt brat at heart, it's nearly nine pm on my birthday, and I've yet to open a single present... getting kinda fed up here Mr Styles." She badgers me, mimicking my earlier pose she crosses her arms tightly across her chest.

"Baby, that position might not be working as much in your favour as you'd like," I say slowly in a low voice, my eyes focused on her breasts, which are forced higher in her corseted dress by her actions.

"Pervert!" She giggles, stretching out a hand to pretend to smack me, but I dodge out of the way in plenty of time.

"Seems you're fighting skills are better when your half-unconscious babe," I smirk earning me another swipe "What? Too soon?"

"You know Harold. You are not half as funny as you think you are." Katie glowers at me from across the table.

"How dare you? I am hilarious!" I reply, offended

Turning to the waiter, I give him a small nod, and he ducks down behind the long wooden bar at the end of the restaurant when he comes back in to view, he is holding a large brown envelope which I wander over to collect.

Sliding my chair around the table, I position myself so that I am sat next to Katie and place the package on the table.

Katie's eyes dart back and forth between the plain, unmarked brown envelope between us and my face. I know she's searching my expression for some kind of clue so I try hard not to give anything away, trying to conceal the smirk I can feel tugging at the corners of my lips, I scrunch up my nose and place a finger to my lips.