Chapter 15

Katie's perspective.

I am jerked awake by a loud knock at the door the following morning. What time is it? I grab my phone to check then remember that the battery is dead.

Slowly I stand and grab my dressing gown and wrap it around me and start padding down the hall to the door.

"Miss Francis." Toby tips his hat in greeting to me as I open the door.

"Toby!" I exclaim and pull my dressing gown slightly tighter around me. "What are you doing here?"

"You left your bag, Miss, Mr Styles requested I bring it to you as he thought you might need it."

I glance down and see my battered black backpack in Toby's hand. I had forgotten about it.

"Thank you, Toby, it was very kind of you to bring it."

"Just doing my job ma'am."

I take the bag from Toby and start to close the front door.

"Miss Francis? " He calls

"Yes? " I turn back to face him.

"It's not my place, but Mr Styles is really worried. Maybe you could let him know you are OK?"

"I'm sure you can tell him that when you go back, Toby. Thanks for the bag."

I give him a grateful smile and close the door.

If Mr Styles is so worried why did he send YOU to bring my bag? Huh, Toby? I say out loud to myself. I glance at the clock in the hallway, 9:15 am. Fuck it. I'm going back to bed.

"Katie. Katie... wake up honey."

As I pry my eyes open, I can see Mel looking down at me. She is sat on the edge of my bed, gently shaking my shoulder.

"Mel. Hey." I start to sit up as Mel throws her arms around me

"Oh, babes I am so sorry! I saw the news and twitter. Are you OK?"

"I'll be fine. Is it bad? " I ask her unsure whether or not I want to hear the answer.

"These girls are just jealous of you babe, that's all it is. It's not personal, you have to remember that. They get like this with everyone he dates."

"Get like what?" I ask harshly, starting to wake up properly now and wondering what she is going on about.

I was worried that there would be a backlash against Harry, but it sounds like its against.. me?

"Just the usual shit, jealousy is an ugly thing. Don't worry about it. I better text Harry. I promised I'd let him know you're OK, when he couldn't get hold of you last night, he was so worried."

"So everyone keeps telling me." I sigh.

As Mel gets up, she motions to my phone on the bedside table. "Dead? " She questions.

"Yeah. I didn't care enough to put it on charge last night. Sorry if I worried you. How is it that you have Harry's number anyway?"

"He called me last night. I guess he got one of his lackeys to dig my number up from somewhere or another."

I read over her shoulder, and she types out a message to Harry.

Mel:
I just got home, Katie's fine, she was sleeping when I got here. And her phone battery is dead x

Within seconds she gets a response.

Harry:
THANK YOU, MEL. I'm at the airport about to board. I'll call Katie as soon as I land. Take care of her? H