Bad News and a lot of Breakdowns

Error was curled up on his chair, starring with empty eye sockets at the hospital bed in front of him. Blue shining tears were spilling almost not stop from the red voids while a pained expression was painted over the face from the child. 

Not too long ago a doctor came into the room and wanted to speak with his Momma alone. So of course the first thing Error did, after they had left the room, was to jump to his feet and to put the side of his head on the door to listen what the adults were saying. It didn't take long for Error to realize that the conversation between them was about the current state of his brother Geno.

It was no secret that the health of his beloved brother got worse and worse over the last months. It was visible to everyone how the small skeleton got exhausted so quickly to a point where he now can just lay in his bed, sleeping through most of his time but with little breaks, where he eats broth or talks to his family for a little or to watch a movie on the TV where he most likely just falls asleep again.

Error was really terrified to see him suffer so much. And it hurt him so much to see that he has to take all those different medicines the doctors give to him - even though Geno told him once that they all taste really gross and he hates taking them - but to see no improvements at all. But still he believed in him! Geno was strong! He was going to make it through his illness and then come home again and everything will be just as it was before! It was going to happen!

It.. It had to!

Suddenly the skelekid got ripped out of his thought as he heard the doctor began speaking in a husky voice to his Momma. "I'm afraid to tell you this, ms Queen, but" there was a small break and the sound of turn over paper echoed through the door, "The results of our test are not really good. If Genos health goes down even further, I don't know if we will ever be able to help him to get well again. And it's not like we didn't give our best but it's just, every medium we tried on him lost its effect after a few days again. He gets immune to everything so fast and I don't see any other way to be able to give your son the strength he needs to recover. We're at a point where we can just pray and hope that there will be a miracle but" there was another small break and Error could almost see the shocked and pained face of his mother in front of him, "I think it is time to say goodbye and to spend the last remaining time together."

After the last sentences Error quickly stumbled away from the door but fell backwards on the floor while doing so. N-no.. NO! He is lying!! Geno will live! Still in shock he stared at the wooden door before bursting out into tears. It was too much to him and he began to shake violently while hugging his knees tightly. He is joking and lying! Geno will not leave me alone! He promised me that everything will be good again and he wouldn't lie.. Or w-would he..? His blue tears streamed down his cheeks like a waterfall and it didn't help that he could hear his Momma cry through the door. The panicked skeleton looked over his shoulder to the single hospital bed where his doomed brother laid.

There he slept. Peacefully. Not knowing what was just said a few meters away from him. Still covered in tears his face twisted into anger. The doctors gave up on him. The doctors gave up on his brother! The only one he really trusts and they will just let him die! Error began to claw at his bones while trying to understand but getting every second more confused about everything he just witnessed, not even caring to bring his emotions back into control. WHY? What has he ever EVER done to deserve this! Geno was always nice! The best brother you can wish for! Why isn't he able to just live.. To be happy for once! And why does this cruel and stupid world takes always everything I love away from me.? I-I won't believe this!!

The darker one began to glitch harshly and shook his head wildly. He could hear the faint and muffled voice of the doctor but he didn't care. He couldn't save Geno so nothing matters what he says! Everything outside this room is just not good news! Why are these stupid doctors even telling that they.. They lost hope in Geno? Couldn't they just be silent about it and let us believe nothing bad is apparently going to happen! Then Momma and I wouldn't be crying and it wouldn't hurt so much..