24 - renjun x haechan

Start from the beginning

"Mark~" Donghyuck called out, lounging towards Renjun's skinny figure. Renjun could only sigh before wincing in pain as Donghyuck clung onto him. His heart ached. 

Mark. The same name he had called out in his sleep the last time they were together, 5 months prior. And probably the person he had been spending his last 5 months with. Renjun wondered why he had come back home.

With great difficulty, he dragged Donghyuck back into the bedroom. The older laid Donghyuck down gently before laying down himself. He was almost completely asleep when suddenly, Donghyuck hugged him from behind, the words he whispered with so much love it broke Renjun's heart.

"I love you, Mark~" Renjun let a few tears roll down his cheek. He knew he was getting hurt, but he couldn't bear to break it off.

The next morning, Renjun had realized that Donghyuck had left without saying anything. Renjun sighed. It was to be expected. He was now highly considering going for therapy. It wouldn't hurt, right? Renjun tried reassuring himself. He thought that since Donghyuck wasn't around much, he wouldn't be able to find out anyway.

It is said that once you start to look back at the brighter days of your relationship, your love is disappearing. Renjun thought it was true and he didn't really have anything else to lose. So, with his mind made up, he set off to the hospital.

~~~~

When he met with Jaemin, he told him that he would like to start with treatment as soon as possible. Jaemin was beyond delighted. Finally, Renjun had decided to go for it. Jaemin smiled reassuringly and nodded in approval. 

"Come along then," he told Renjun. "we'll start today."

The first few days were hell, with waves of excruciating pain clouding his other senses. But he bore with it. As days passed, he slowly got used to it. Occasionally, Donghyuck would come back home, his attitude towards Renjun being very on and off. On some days, he would care for Renjun but on others, he ignored the other completely. Renjun honestly didn't know what to think of it.

Days soon turned to weeks as Jaemin brought serious news to Renjun.

"I'm sorry Renjun, but I fear you won't be able to go on for much longer, even with treatment. You have until some time in June. Would you like to stay in the hospital?"

Renjun just smiles before shaking his head.

"No thank you, doctor, I'll be just fine."

Jaemin nodded, respecting Renjun's decision.

"Alright, if anything ever happens call for me right away," Jaemin replied as he smiled at Renjun before walking away to tend to the needs of other patients.

Renjun sighed. Jaemin already had a lot on his hands, he didn't want to trouble him even more. So he left back to his home.

~~~~

On the way back, he spotted 4 stray kittens in a box along the sidewalk. Fearing for their safety, he picked the box up and brought them back home. Maybe taking care of them could be a good way to pass the time, he told himself. He wanted to have something to do before he left this world.

As he entered the house, he was greeted by an angry Donghyuck.

"Where the hell were you the whole day? Do you know how long I waited for you to get back?" he fumed, his arms crossed as he glared at Renjun.