Chapter 1 - T.G.I.F.

Lauren's POV

"Sir, that equation doesn't balance. Shouldn't there only be three oxygen atoms instead of four?" I asked, examining my teacher's answer on the board. The class groans, yet again.

I silently curse at myself. Everyone's rolled their eyes at me, again. "The know-it-all" girl. Well, sorry for giving a damn about my education. I look around and my heart stops. Shit. That new boy's staring at me again, I thought to myself. Why does he keep doing that? He probably thinks I'm a freak. Or is there something on my face? Is my hair that bad? I know I'm having a bad hair day, but still... What's his name again? I can't remember. Oh well.

"Concentrate, Lauren", I whisper to myself. Next time I look up, the bell's just rung and he's already left the classroom. I'm relieved, and disappointed at the same time. I look at the board, and my stomach drops. Oh no, the prof just erased the homework and I never copied it down. So not like me.

"What's wrong? You look really bummed about something, Lauren", my best friend Shaylean said, coming over to my desk.

"It's nothing, I'm fine Shay. Did you get the homework assignment written down? I didn't have time to copy it."

"YOU didn't get it written down? Little miss goody-two-shoes didn't copy down the homework?" Shaylean teased.

"Shut up, Shaylean", I snapped. "Anyways, what are you doing tonight? Wanna come over for a bit?"

"Can't love, sorry. Leaving for Doncaster as soon as I get home! Louis is meeting me at the train station", she replied.

"Oh. Okay then. Have fun", I tried to sound as pleasant as possible. But that was hard because it seemed like Shaylean was always ditching me to go to Doncaster every weekend to be with her boyfriend. I like the guy and I think they're great together, don't get me wrong. I just miss spending time with my best friend.

"See you Monday, Lauren! Mwah!" Shaylean left, leaving me standing alone in the hallway. The halls were practically empty. It was Friday, so everyone cleared the school as fast as they could to start the weekend. I walked toward the bathroom down the hall. I was dying to know if there was actually something wrong with my face or hair. The way that boy was looking at me still made me feel uncomfortable. I went into the bathroom and examined myself in the mirror. Nope, nothing wrong. I sighed with relief. I went to leave the bathroom, ready to go home and settle in to do homework and watch a movie. Alone. As usual. I was so caught up thinking about everything, that I wasn't paying any attention to where I was walking.

I walked straight into someone, causing our books and notes to scatter all over the floor. I quickly bend down to pick them up while muttering, "I'm so, so sorry! I've gotta pay more attention where I'm going! Are You ---?" I stop dead. Oh. My. Gosh. It's him. His eyes! I feel like I'm being swallowed into a huge abyss. I could fall forever into those gorgeous green eyes. And his hair. Oh the curls! My heart starts to race, beating about a million times a minute. I've never been so nervous in my life. I can feel my cheeks flush as they grow hotter.

He chuckles as he looked at my face. He holds out his hand as he stands, offering to help me up. He looks into my eyes, and I fall again into those green abysses that are his eyes. My knees being to shake as he says, "Hi there, I'm Harry".

Harry's POV

"Hi there, I'm Harry", I said as I hold out my hand to help her up. "Sorry for bumping into you! I better watch where I'm going next time!"

"No, no", she responded quickly. "It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention". I look at her face and chuckle a little. She's looking everywhere but at me. Her cheeks are flushed and her eyes are wide, as if she's frightened by something. "Are you alright?" I asked her. She nods and quickly turns to leave, apologizing again for bumping into me. "Wait!" I call, "I didn't catch your name!" She continued to walk away without looking back. I sighed heavily, wondering what I did wrong.

I go to my locker to collect my things. She's really cute, I think to myself. I would really like to get to know her better. Ever since I first saw her, I couldn't help but think about her. I really don't want to be here, but something about getting to see her makes me want to keep coming back. Honestly, if it wasn't for her, I'd be ditching every day. At least it's Friday. I don't have to worry about school for a couple of days. I shut my locker and turn to leave when someone comes running up to me. "Hey, Harry is it?" he asks. "I'm Jason, we've got a couple of classes together. I'm having a party at my house tomorrow night, and it would be cool if you came!" He hands me the invitation with the address and details. "Sure, thanks for the invite man!"

As I walk home, I stare at the invitation. This should be fun, and a good way to make some new friends. It's tough being the new kid, especially in high school. Well, at least this will keep distracted from thinking about that girl. And her gorgeous hazel eyes. And the freckles on her cheeks and nose. And her wavy brown hair. "STOP IT!" I tell myself. Oh man, I really gotta stop thinking about her...

First chapter! Sorry if it sucks guys, I'm totally new to this! Please comment and give me feedback! WIll post the next chapter after getting a bit of feedback from you guys! If you're reading this, thank you - I love you! xx