Chapter 15

Anything could happen in five years. Luckily there hasn't been a villain to worry about since The Daximite Invasion. Ethan's fifth birthday was in a few days and Kara was going over the moon to prepare for it. "Mama, who's coming to my birthday party?" Ethan asked one morning when Kara entered his room to help get him ready for school. "Well everyone. Aunt Maggie, Alex, and Lena, Uncle Winn and James, Grandpa Jonn, Grandma Eliza, Your Godmother Cat, and some others from the family." She answered with a smile as she tied his shoe then picked him up. "Yay! That means more birthday presents!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands. His mom sighed. "You are your father's son alright." She mumbled with a chuckle. "Mama, put me down! I forgot something!" He said seriously. Kara said nothing and put him down. He then rushed to his drawer and pulled out a bright red cape. Similar to Kara's, but smaller and in a lighter material. "Tie it mommy! Please!" He begged. She laughed and did so. "What's going on here?" Mon-El asked. "Daddy! Look at my cape! I'm ready to save the world, just like mommy!" He answered and did the signature Supergirl pose, his hands closed up in fists and on his hips with a determined look on his face. The couple laughed at thier son's enthusiasm. "Come on buddy, mommy has to go to work so I'll take you to school today." Mon-El told his son, then grabbed his hand. The family said their goodbyes then went off to start their day.
A couple hours into the school day, Ethan was playing basketball by himself with his Cape on. "What's with the cape you little  freak." A boy named Bryan asked. Ethan turned around. "I'm not a freak and there's nothing wrong with the cape!" He replied with the ball at his side. The bully then pushed him down and growled. Like literally growled at him. "You're forever a loser. Just remember that." Bryan said then grabbed the ball from Ethan's hands and ran off. He stayed silent for the rest of the day and didn't smile when Mon-El came to pick him up. "Is everything okay buddy?" He asked concerned. The young boy looked up at his father and sighed. "Can I tell you and mommy at the same time please?" He asked in a small voice.

~~~~~~

Ethan explained everything as a five year old could and Mon-El and Kara were more protective than furious. Not at him of course but the bully. Kara decided to take the day off the next day so she could take her son to school. The two walked towards the double doors when suddenly Ethan bent down and pretended to tie his shoe. Concerned, Kara looked up and saw a blonde boy walking with his mother. "Sweetie is that the boy that was picking on you?" She asked softly. "No, I thought my shoe was untied. Bye mama!" He answered quickly then walked faster towards the doors. "Bye Sweetie" She responded. Instead of leaving like she normally did, Kara followed and went to confront the bully's mother. "Excuse me, can I talk to you for a second? I'm Kara Danvers, I'm Ethan's mom." She greeted, keeping her anger under control "Uh huh" the Other woman answered obviously wanting her to get to the point. "Ethan came home from school upset the other day, I guess your son was teasing him." She started off. The woman scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Well you know how boys are." She replied then started to walk back to her car. "But don't you think we should do something about it?" Kara asked, wondering why this mother had no intension or caring what she had to say. "Ya know, I think it's best that we let the boys work it out for themselves. So much better than tattling. Don't you think?" She asked herself. It was Kara's turn to scoff. "Um he's not tattling, he's five years old and he just wants to be left alone" She told her, wondering how she hasn't blasted her to the moon yet for messing with her son. "Ethan? Is he the one with the cape? Wow. Five's a little old for a cape! Don't you think? Maybe, you do him a favor, take it away from him, and then he won't get teased anymore! About the cape anyway" The woman told her then looked her up and down after saying the last sentence. "What is that supposed to mean?" Kara asked, her voice getting louder. "He's probably just a late bloomer. I'm sure he'll make friends. Someday." After that, she walked off but not far when Kara grabbed her wrist, using her human strength. At that, Kara finally snapped. "Okay listen honey, if your little brat doesn't stop picking on my son, not only will I give Ethan's permission to kick his ass, but I'll be kicking your ass right along side of him. Got that Bitch?" She yelled out, pissed out of her mind. "I'd love to see you try little girl" she replied, clinching her teeth. Kara didn't hesitate to drop her bag and push her. "What happened to walking away?" Mon-El asked his wife when she got home and explained the situation that just happened. "I know but you didn't see her, she was such a bitch!" She cursed again. "Sounds like you made that pretty clear." He told her while chuckling. Kara sighed in frustration. "Ethan's been through so much lately, the last thing he needs is some bully picking on him!" She said then turned around to face him. "He'll be fine. He's a tough kid! Ya know what? I'll take care of it. In the meantime, try not to kill anyone. Okay Princess?" He told her. Kara rolled her eyes. "What are you Gunna do?" She asked. "I'm gunna call his mom a Bitch then push her!" He replied simply. "Oh that's right you already did that didn't you!" He added when Kara gave him a look. "Look I don't know what I'm going to do but I'll think of something" Mon-El softly said, then wrapped his arms around her from behind. She sighed again. "I'm sorry." She said again. "Are you kidding? My girl is a badass. And that's hot" he told her then kissed her passionately. Days passed and The same scenario was happening on the playground. "So you still have the cape?" Bryan asked. Ethan didn't step back in fear. "What's wrong with capes? Supergirl and Superman wear them" He told him and his group of friends. Before Bryan could respond, a older males voice was heard. "Who said capes were lame?" Mon-el asked with one on himself and held a cardboard box in his hands. All the kids on the playground didn't hesitate to point to Bryan. Mon-El walked over then placed the box down. "May I see that basketball please?" He asked a boy. The boy nodded and passed it to him. He then bounced it and used his extreme jump ability and did a Slam dunk, leaving the kids in awe. Ethan smiled, knowing how he did it. But he wasn't going to tell anyone. Yet.