Chapter 13

The stores were flooded with people shopping last minute, lights Wrapped around the trees throughout the city, people knocking on doors singing happily,the snow lightly falling, All of that meaning one thing. Christmas. Ever since she landed on earth, Kara's grown very fond of the holiday and as she got older,now in love with it. So in love she always decorated in November the day after thanksgiving. But instead of decorating more and more, she did some last minute shopping herself. Mainly at different baby stores worried that she's most likely annoyed the hell out of each employee with her questions. After shopping for a while and getting home, she quickly hid the bags. "Mon-El! I'm home!" She shouted, wondering if he was out shopping himself. He silently walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her, lightly kissing her neck, making Kara jump then laugh. "Even with my super hearing, I didn't hear you" she stated turning around, her arms going around his neck. "So where'd you go off to?" He asked. "Last minute shopping for Alex and Maggie" she answered, her smile meaning 'For once I didn't stutter meaning my lie is actually convincing so take that Alex!'. "Well I finished decorating. Do you like it?" He asked stepping away looking around the room taking pride in his work. "It's absolutely incredible!" She beamed. "Is my wife impressed?" He stated, grinning. "She's very impressed." Kara said, walking around the living room looking at every detail he added. After a while, everyone showed up for their annual Christmas Eve party. Those included: Maggie, Alex, Eliza, Winn, Lyra, Lena,and James. Hours later, one by one, everyone started to leave, leaving Kara and Mon-El to clean up everything. At times like these they were thankful they had powers. Speed being one of them. When they were finished, and got into bed, Kara's mind raced with thoughts as her husband slept beside her, his arms wrapped tightly around her stomach. Ever since she found out she was pregnant, she began dreaming about What it was like to be a mother. She chuckles quietly and smiled then slowly fell asleep. Getting ready to prepare for another perfect family dream.
~~~~~~

The next morning, Kara woke up early to make sure her 'gift' was perfect since this was going to be Their first child. When that was done, she hid the present behind some others so it would the last one to open. As she got breakfast ready, Mon-El came out of their room yawning. "Good Morning and Merry Christmas princess!" He said smiling. "Merry Christmas!" She said back, turning off the stove and placing the food on a plate then placing them on the counter. "So what's the plan for today?" He asked, sitting down. "First open the presents we have for each other, then go over to Alex and Maggie's, and finally My moms, where we have our annual get together." She answered, sitting down herself eating a piece of bacon. Throughout breakfast, Kara's mind was all over the place since it was time to tell her loving husband that they were becoming a family. "Ready to open presents?" She asked getting up, putting their plates in the sink. He nodded and the two went to the tree, grabbing their presents, then got comfortable on the couch. Nothing other than 'thank you' 'I can't believe you got this for me' and 'I love you' were said. "I think that's everything." Mon-El said looking at what Kara got for him. "Actually. There's one more." She told him, handing him a yellow wrapped gift, getting out her camera. He opened it and gave her odd looks as he pulled out baby clothes, little booties and beanies. "Keep going" she said laughing. He continued and unwrapped the positive tests, tears coming to his eyes. "Are you?" He croaked out. She nodded, letting the tears fall. "I'm pregnant! You're going to be a dad!" She exclaimed, pressing the 'stop' on the camera, tossing it aside. Mon-El put everything back into the bag and set it on the table, then hugged her tightly while crying more. "Aww baby you're crying!" She said wiping his tears. He sniffed and put his hands on her stomach. "I can't believe you're actually pregnant! This is the best thing I've ever heard! Hold on!" He quickly got up and went to the window and opened it. "MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!" He shouted. A few 'Congratulations' were heard as Kara laughed. Mon-El went back over to Kara and kissed her, smiles on their faces.

~~~~~

The party was well on the way and Kara decided it was finally time. "Can I have everyone's attention please?" She shouted, making sure everyone heard her. "I just wanted to say that Mon-El and I will be starting a family! I'm pregnant!" She exclaimed happily. Eliza was the first one to react to the news. "Oh my goodness! That's wonderful! congratulations!" She said, her eyes full of tears. The next reaction was from Alex and Maggie, then finally some of the other family members Kara never really talked to. Kara and Mon-El were pretty occupied during the rest of the party, getting asked several questions to what would you like the gender to be? Any names in mind? And so on. When the party was over, everyone said their goodbyes after Eliza said she had everything under control, saying she'll visit her daughters and their spouses later when she finished cleaning up and wrapping up some very last minute presents. It took a while but somehow Kara, Mon-El, Maggie and Alex were convinced and went their separate ways. Mon-El opened the door for Kara and As she got in, she felt dizzy but pushed it aside, buckling her seat belt as Her loving husband closed the door and went around himself to get into the drivers side. They've been driving for a few hours when Kara turned down the music, Mon-El's attention going onto her. "Can you pull over for a minute? I don't feel so well." She said weakly. He nodded while being concerned and pulled over. The second he stopped on the side of the road, she opened the door, stepped out, and immediately started throwing up. Mon-El quickly got out to hold her hair back with one hand, the other rubbing her back softly. "You didn't need to help me honey." Kara said, grabbing his hand to get back up. "I'm your husband. Sure guys don't get pregnant but I'm willing to do anything to make you feel better if you have any pain or get up at three in the morning because of any food cravings you may have." He answered softly, taking off his jacket to wipe her mouth. After he finished, he grabbed her hand yet again to help her back to the car. Once They were back in the car, Mon-El drove off, making glances at the woman he loved with all of his heart.
~~~~~