Chapter 7

It's crazy how fast 4 months of wedding planning can come and go. It was finally the day of the wedding and the two women were shaking with excitement. Alex chose to stay with Kara; Maggie with Eliza. Since her parents have not yet flew into the city yet. They wanted to do the old tradition so they couldn't see each other the night of the wedding. In Alex's room, Kara plus some of the bridesmaids were helping get into her gown. She had chosen a simple yet elegant thin strap dress with a sweetheart neckline with rhinestones shining around her chest area. For jewelry, she wore a simple pendent Maggie Bought her for their anniversary and of course the engagement ring on her left finger. A few doors down, The same situation was happening. Maggie had decided on a light layered, strapless gown that fit her small formed body down to the curve. The beading shined brightly as well. The time had come and after the bridesmaids walked down and stood in their spot, Alex walked down the isle smoothly and stood patiently. Then she saw her. The sight of Maggie made Alex tear up because of how elegant she looked. Maggie had a microphone in her hand. She waited for the music to start, Then held the mic to her mouth as she started her way down the long isle" I would bet my life, like I bet my heart, that you were the one, baby" She sang. "I've never been so sure of anything before. You driving my heart crazy! I can't hold out, I can't hold back now! Like I've done before...Darling, look at me I've fallen like a fool for you."Darling, can't you see I'd do anything you want me to. I tell myself I'm in too deep Then I fall a little farther Every time you look at me. Every time you look at me.." She finished as she finally got to Alex. It was time.

~~~~~

"Please be seated" the officiant spoke. After everyone sat down, he continued. "Loved ones. We are gathered here today to celebrate a bond between to lovers that is undeniable. Their faith of their commitment is clear; the power of their love; undeniable. I'm not here to talk through the whole thing; I've chosen to listen to the vows they have for each other. Alex?" He finished then asked. Alex took a breath. "Maggie." She started. "When I first met you, I had no idea you'd be the best thing that has ever happened to me.You're the woman I want to wake up next to in the morning and go to  sleep at night. I can't imagine my life without you and I'll love you for the rest of time." She finished with tears running down her checks. But she wasn't the only one. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. "Maggie?" The officiant asked. That's when she too took a breath of her own. "Alex." She started. "There's a word that can save us from all the pain and struggles in life. And that word is love. I will love you until the end of time as well. You are the first thought in my head when I wake up, the last thought before we go to sleep. You smile at me in my dreams, when you are sad, I feel sad. When I see you smile, I feel incredible; like there is no other thing around and all I can see is you. My love for you, is just undeniable." She finished with more tears streaming. The officiant then spoke up. "May I see the rings?" He asked. After getting them he placed each one in Alex and Maggie's hands. "Do you Alex; take Maggie to be your lawfully wedded wife? For Richer or for poorer? In sickness and in Heath for as long as you both shall live?". Alex didn't hesitate. "I do" she said smiling then slipping the ring on Maggie's finger. "And do you, Maggie take Alex to be your lawfully wedded wife? For Richer or for poorer? In sickness and in Heath for as long as you both shall live?" She didn't hesitate either. "I do!" She said slipping the ring on Alex's finger. "By the power vested in me in the city of National City, I now pronounce you Wife and Wife! You may kiss!" "Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Mrs. And Mrs. Alex and Maggie Danvers!"

~~~~

Maggie and Alex had chosen a Banquet Hall big enough for the party. At the reception,everyone was amazed of how beautiful it was.Different shades of purple shone brightly all around, tables with different centerpieces, you name it. After everyone was served, it was time for the speeches. Kara went first. "Hi everyone! For those of you who do not know me, I'm Kara. Alex's younger sister. Thank you again for coming to celebrate this beautiful day. When Alex first asked me to be her maid of honor, oh wait? Alex did you actually ask me? Because I'm sure your exact words were 'be my maid of honor, or die'". The crowd laughed. "But when she asked me, three things came to mind: Plan the Wedding since I watch too many movies and shows, plan the bachelorette party: both of them and plan a speech" she chuckled. "Well both of the parties went great! You can say I uh stole the show at both of them!" The crowd laughed again. Kara then continued. "So now it's time for my last thing of maid of honor duty! When I started drafting out a speech, it was hard on deciding on which direction to take it. Do I tell her how much she means to me? Do I reminisce about the stupid songs we sang together every Christmas as our tradition? Do I embarrass her in front of her new wife? But then it hit me. I'm just going to be the romantic little bean I am! Alex I'm so glad you've found love and There isn't a better person out there for you. Your love is so pure and powerful that nothing can break it! And I wish you all the happiness! Everyone please raise your glass for a toast to our beautiful couple!" Kara finally finished. Everyone did. And then clapped. The blonde then hugged her sister and her new sis in law then sat back down.