Chapter 12

They enjoyed each other's company but pulled away when Mon-El's doctor, Doctor Maria Patel, gently knocked on the door, then coming in. "How are you feeling Mon-El?" She asked, picking up a clipboard ready to write any pains or problems he may have. He groaned as he tried to he sit up, Kara immediately grabbing his hand to help him then taking a breath. "Well, my knee hurts and I have a headache" he told her honestly. Maria took note of what he said, then placed the clipboard down. "That's normal. The impact of the water, somehow hurt your knee, but I can guarantee it's not broken or sprained. However, it'll be sore for a few days. The headache is just part of the process since you were in the cold water and almost drowned As Awful as that may sound" She told him then looked at Kara. Kara nodded and looked at her husband, on the verge of tears. Maria noticed this. "I'll give you two some time and send your family in. They're dying to see you" she said sympathetically then walked out, Mon-El wiping her newly formed tears. "Please don't cry, Princess. I'm okay, everything is fine." He whispered. "But it's not fine Mon-El!" She shouted In tears, finally breaking. "You almost died and I didn't even think about jumping in there! I could've helped you! You wouldn't of been in this hospital if it wasn't for me!" She cried out, getting up and pacing the room, ripping her short veil from her hair in frustration. Back in the lobby, Alex and Maggie were the only ones there so everyone else could go home and get some rest. After being told the room, they walked in the right direction and made conversation then stoped when they heard shouting. The two ran to the right room, Alex's 'older protective sister' mode on when she saw her in tears. "Kara, it's okay. He's okay." Maggie said trying to calm her down. After a while, she did and looked at Mon-El. "I'm sorry." She said in between tears. He didn't say anything but open his arms, Kara immediately going over and laying in them. He then ran his fingers through her hair and sighed. "It's okay baby. You Have nothing to be sorry for. You were worried for me and that's normal" he whispered to her. She nodded and sighed herself.
~~~~~~
After Maria came back in and did a few tests, Mon-El was finally free to sign out and leave. The whole time, Kara held his hand while her other hand was on his shoulder, as she lead them out of the hospital and into the car. She got her powers back but didn't want to fly. She had her reasons! When they got home, and Sat down on the couch, Kara went into servant mode; saying things like "are you hungry?", "are you thirsty?", "do you feel any pain?!", and so on. Mon-El grabbed her hand and interrupted her. "Princess, it's okay! I'm okay!" He said while chuckling. Kara sighed, putting her head down. "I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help." Mon-El laughed again. "I'm all healed up remember? I just have to take it easy. Everything is okay" he told her trying to convince her, somehow it worked. The two then decided to cuddle up on the couch watching a marathon of movies. As they were about to fall asleep, there was a knock at the door. Kara used her X-Ray vision and saw Alex and Maggie quickly got up and opened the door. "Hey what's-" Kara didn't even get to finish her sentence because she was cut off. "We came by to ask you two some questions about the accident at the Marlena bridge." Maggie said getting to the point, sitting down. Kara nodded and helped Mon-El get up and sit at the table as well. Once everyone was settled, Kara took a breath. "It was Rachel." She admitted. Maggie eyed her. "How do you know that?" She asked. "I saw her grab the wheel and that's when the car got out of control. I know I took her under my wing, but she almost killed My husband, Cooper, and herself!" She exclaimed angrily. Alex grabbed her hand from across the table. "Hey it's okay." She assured her. "Go on." Maggie said softly, in resulting of Kara taking another breath. "Well,-" she was cut off again by her phone ringing, then got up to go answer it. "Hello? Yes This is Kara Danvers. Uh huh. Really?! That's great news! Thank you so much. Okay bye." She then looked up at the three, all of them curious who was on the phone and why her emotions changed so quickly. "Cooper's awake!" She said a little in shock and a little in excitement.
~~~~~

"Hi I'm here to see Cooper Scott!" She spoke rapidly. The receptionist gave her a look. "Just sign in here" she said giving her a clipboard with a pen. Kara signed in and was given a sticker that said 'visitor'. After being told the room, she took the elevator up and was nervous the entire time. When the doors opened, she didn't waste another minute running out down the hall, and into his room. Cooper immediately looked up startled. "Jesus Kara! Calm down" He exclaimed. She sighed. "Sorry. Um how are you feeling?" She asked. "Well, I can't feel my leg which is normal since I broke it. Other than that, I'm a-ok." He answered, taking a drink of his water. She nodded and walked over, sitting down in a chair then cleared her throat. "Do you remember anything?" She asked softly. Cooper hesitantly nodded and began explaining everything. When he was done, that left Kara speechless because his side of the story was similar to Rachel's. The two continued to talk until Kara had to leave because 'The visiting times were over'. As she got home, Maggie stood before her, needing answers and needing them now. "Cooper told the same story that Rachel did and they haven't had any interactions whatsoever. I know I took Rachel under my wing, but like I said before, this is completely unacceptable." Kara told her. Maggie nodded and typed quickly on her phone then took a breath. "Thank you Kara. She's only seventeen so the judge will have to decide on wether to charge her as an adult or not. But this is attempted manslaughter." She then took a breath then continued. "We'll Handle everything. Thank you". Kara nodded. "Of course." She replied. After Maggie and Alex finally left, Kara literally sprinted to the bed and threw herself on it. Concerned, Mon-El went over and rubbed her back. "Are you okay?" He asked softy. She sat up and faced him. "No. it's just that, I can't believe this Happened and as selfish as this may sound, I was excited to go to London with you" she answered pouting in the result of him laughing. "It's okay, I was looking forward to London too". Kara sighed with different emotions. How will this ever blow over? And why does she trust people so easily?
~~~~~