Nine months can go by insanely fast. Well at least for Kara And Mon-El. She was due any day now and Mon-El became the protective husband, not caring that she had powers and can easily get a plate from the cupboard or pick up something she dropped. He even took the role of being The superhero of national city for a few months, saying Supergirl is on vacation, so no one would worry about her sudden disappearance. Of course Her family, the DEO and Cat Grant knew the real reason she was gone. But they vowed not to mutter a word. That'll be on Kara's behalf. One night, She was relaxing on the couch curled into his side rubbing her belly, feeling a few kicks every now and then. "Do you have any possibility that he'll be a soccer player?" Kara asked while laughing. That's right, after many tests it was confirmed they were having a baby boy. "Is he kicking again?" He asked. She nodded and yawned. Kara then closed her eyes and felt being lifted off the couch. "I can walk myself you know." She said, resting her head on his chest as he carried her to bed. "I know, but still." He answered, laying her down and covering her with the blankets then got in himself, his arms immediately going around her. Before going to sleep Kara sighed, catching Mon-El's attention. "You okay?" He asked worriedly. She nodded. "Yeah. I just can't wait to become a mother. Everything is falling into place and I love it!" She exclaimed happily. "I agree with you. I can't wait to become a father to our handsome boy." He told her, kissing her cheek. The hours went by when suddenly, she woke up with a sharp pain in her stomach. Thinking she had to use the bathroom, Kara stood up and felt water going down her legs. She went into sheer panic and went to wake up Mon-El. "Babe!" She said. When that didn't work, she grabbed a pillow and hit him with it. "What?! What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. "My water broke. It's time" she exclaimed, putting on some leggings since she went to bed in a t-shirt. Mon-El's T-shirt to be in fact. "Can you fly?!" He asked going over to her. "No! So we need to hurry!" Kara exclaimed yet again. He nodded and picked her up. "Well then. Let's go have that baby!"
~~~~~

Mon-El held Kara's hand as the doctors they brought to the DEO took tests. She would've gone to the actual hospital, but since she's Supergirl, they can't risk anyone talking pictures and putting their baby boy in danger. After many contractions, it was time. "Okay Kara. You're ready. On the count of three I want you to push. One, two, three." The nurse said. Kara pushed with everything she had count after count. "I can't do this!" She exclaimed, tears and sweat on her face. "Yes you can honey! You're the strongest woman I know and she isn't giving up!" Mon-El reassured her. "I see the head! Push Kara!" The nurse said happily. Once again, Kara pushed and a cry was heard. The nurse cleaned him up and placed him in Kara's arms. "Hi baby" she said, her voice weak from utter exhaustion. "You're a dad!" She told her husband. He chucked and kissed her forehead. "You did so amazing sweetheart!" He told her, tears going down his cheeks. "Do you want to hold her?" She asked softly. He nodded and Carefully took him from Kara's arms. "Hey little buddy. I'm your daddy." He whispered. Kara took a moment to admire the new reality of their son, looking up when she heard someone come in. It was Maggie and Alex. They greeted each other and Maggie went over to Mon-El. "Can I hold him?" She asked. He nodded and gave him to her. "You Did good little Danvers. You too Mon-El" she told them, her big dimples showing. After She held him, Alex held him close. "You have the best family ever." She told him softly then placed him back in her sister's arms. "Have you decided on a name for the little guy?" The nurse asked, picking up the clipboard. "Ethan John Danvers." Kara told her, smiling. The nurse wrote everything down and went over to Kara. "I'm going to put him in the maternity ward so we can do some more tests just to make sure he's healthy." She said slowly taking Ethan from her arms. Kara nodded and yawned. "You should get some sleep." He said. She shook her head quickly. "I'm afraid I'll wake up and still look like a water balloon." She said, while frowning. He chuckled. "Don't worry. This is all real." She believed him and soon fell asleep, curled up against the man she loved.

~~~~~

Durning the pregnancy, Kara and Mon-El looked at Many homes for sale since their loft was too small. They talked to many agents, and to each other about what they had in mind. What seemed like forever, they decided on a one story modern house with a big yard. It was in a beautiful neighborhood, perfect to build their life as a family. Everyone pitched in to help move everything In, including decorating the baby's room so Kara wouldn't have any stress. Mon-El looked through the glass at his son almost tearing up, not being able to believe this was actually happening. "You okay?" Maggie asked, walking over to him. He nodded. "Yeah. As of right now, everything is perfect and I will protect that little guy with my life." He told the detective. "I know you will. But what about the press? Are you two going to tell anyone that Supergirl is married and now has a son? People are going to question when Kara Danvers and Supergirl have the same kid and the glasses aren't going to work for much longer." She said, worried. He sighed, knowing that she had a good point. "I'll talk to Kara about all this but for right now, I just want to embrace my new reality." He said, smiling. Maggie nodded and started walking away, going over to Alex. "Hey!" He called. She stopped in her tracks and looked at him. "Thank you." He said, actually meaning it. She nodded. "Of course." After a few more hours, the new family was able to go home. Mon-El unlocked the door and opened it, letting Kara walk in with Ethan. "Welcome home Ethan." She whispered, looking around. "This is where you're going to grow up." She continued, kissing his forehead. Mon-El closed and locked the door then hugged Kara from behind. "This is it. This is where our book begins and the rest is unwritten." He said, kissing her cheek. Kara's eyes widened. "Did you just-?" "Make a song reference? Yes, yes I did." He confirmed, chucking. As they settled in, the phone rang. Mon-El picked it up. "It's Cat Grant." He said. She sighed and handed Ethan to him and answered the call. Before she could say 'Hello', Cat asked the one question that was too early for Kara to grasp. "I want to meet your son asap." Then she hung up.