New Story Excerpt!!

Hello dear readers,

How are you?  Did you miss me? I missed you all. 

Here's a small announcement.

Published a new story in Historical Fiction genre two weeks ago. The title is Mayanshi - The Disgraced Queen.

Here's the description followed by a small conversation from the story.

When Mayanshi, the princess of Virata empire, loses her father in a war, she is deemed too young to ascend the throne. The burden of the kingdom falls on the minister Vasishtha, who is declared the substitute ruler, until she comes of age.

Fifteen years later, when Vasishtha passes away, his wife decides to crown her son, Samarjit, as the next king, because Princess Mayanshi is believed to have brought disgrace to their empire with her deeds. Now she is left with only two options:

Either declare a war against Samarjit and win the empire back. Or accept defeat and renounce her claim.

She chooses the third option. To marry Samarjit and wait for the perfect opportunity to usurp the throne.

A tale of love where the King and the Queen compete against each other to gain ultimate control over the kingdom.

An excerpt from the story:

Samarjit joined his palms in a formal Namaste and spoke humbly. "Welcome to the empire of Virata, Princess Mayanshi. I hope I find you in good health."

"My apologies, Lord Samarjit" said Mayanshi, refusing to address him with his title. "I am no princess."

Samarjit frowned. "I don't understand you, Yuvarani. You are the daughter of our former king. That makes you our princess."

"My apologies once again, Lord Samarjit. I am the daughter of your late king. And I am the only legal heir to this empire. That makes me the Queen." Mayanshi smiled at him. "And I expect you to address me as such."

"That's a fair point. It is also fair to point out that we didn't have the honour of witnessing your coronation yet. Which means, you still are, our princess. Not the Queen." Samarjit replied very politely.

"How could I deny you the right of witnessing my coronation, Lord Samarjit? It will happen very soon. I've heard tales of your competency. I'd appreciate your help in making the arrangements." Mayanshi spoke in an authoritative yet sweet voice.

They stood there with smile on their lips, shooting daggers at each other with their eyes.

Samarjit's mother, Vaishali, sensed a verbal duel about to happen between the duo. "Let me show you to your bed chambers, Yuvarani." She offered.

"There will be no need to strain yourself, Devi. I'm sure Lord Samarjit will be happy to assist me." Mayanshi smirked.

"My apologies, Yuvarani. Not very unlike you, I am also the son of the former ruler of Virata empire, whose reign, I must say, was longer than your revered father's. That makes me the Prince. And I expect you to address me as such." Samarjit subtly conveyed to her that he had equal claim on the throne. She was annoyed and impressed at the same time.

"Your bed chambers are this way."He offered his hand to her. She took it. They walked ahead. "I have also heard tales of your bravery in battlefield. I guess I don't have to look for a worthy opponent for my daily practice elsewhere."

"I hope you would never have to find out how skilled a swordsman I am, Yuvarani. For your own good." He retorted.

They reached her bed chambers. "And I hope your sword is as sharp as your words, Yuvaraja. Let's find out tomorrow. Meet me in the arena at the first prahar of the day."

"Is it an order or a request?"

"A bit of both."

Samarjit chuckled. "I'd be looking forward to it."

---***---

If you like this description please do read this story and don't forget to comment.

I am in need of feedback and readers are just voting but not commenting on the story. I am sure the readers of The Friendzoned Husband will not disappoint me. 

Please, please do comment.