Chapter 5

It has been 5 months since the kits had been born and so far everything has been going well. The kits had finally got into a sleep pattern which meant Logan and is could get reasonable amount of sleep which helped an awful lot as I went back to carrying out Alpha duties a couple of months ago. There has been sightings of strange activity on outskirts or the pack but when we went to investigate we could not find any evidence.

A week ago Logan got a call from his brother asking if he could go and visit him and their mum. He reluctantly agreed but decided to leave the kits with me as he had a gut feeling something was going to happen. He went for a couple of days,  since he returned he has been acting strange. He is hardly spending any time with the kits or me,  he disappears in the evening not saying where is going. Our youngest Luca has been agitated and unsettled which is also strange as he always settles with Logan. Even my panther is unsettled and does not seem happy.

Like right know he has left the kits in the travel cot in the lounge whilst he went for a run in the woods. It is also strange that I cannot mindlink him or snow.

I decided to take the triplets for a drive to town so I could do some errands and get a slice of pie for me to eat. I quickly let my brothers and dad know before leaving.

As I was driving into the nearest town which less than an hour ways I had a strange feeling and Delko was on edge saying to go back. I tried to get hold of my brothers but could not get hold of them. It was like something was blocking any communication with them or the other pack members.

I decided to go back at that point. As we were driving back all I could see was a bloodbath. I made sure that I parked the car out of sight and locked the triplets in the car as they were still a sleep from the car journey home.

I quickly stripped and shifted into my panther as I approached the pack house I could not believe the horror I was seeing and sad to say the horror was mainly of our slaughtered pack. As I went into the house there laid my dead mother with her neck ripped open. My dad and brothers were nowhere in sight. I could smell my dad and brothers blood near the couch but no bodies just a mess which looked like there had been a struggle.

I could not believe that the whole pack had been slaughtered within a space of 2 hours. What was even weirder was that when I went back outside to see if there was anyone still alive my so called mate and his mother were standing there holding the triplets who were now wide awake crying then it clicked why would Logan be there with his mum. At that I shifted back into my human. When I shifted I could not believe what I saw, which was Logan changing but not into Snow but into Luke. At that point Delko voice boomed through my body.

"WHERE IS MY MATE?" Luke looked at me before letting out a a sarcastic laughed and said "he's gone."

Though my heart shattered of the thought that my mate had been killed I had to get the triplets away from them. There was only one way which was for them to shift which meant they could get out of their hold. So I mindlinked them hoping that their animal understood and said as calmly as possible "I need you to shift kits." With that they did and they managed to wiggle out of Luke's and his mother's arms. Though my children we only nearly 6 months they looked the same as human 1 year old. Their animal acts even older and understands more so I asked them to wait near the trees and turn round so they did not see what was about to happen. The three of them did what I said at that point turned back to Luke and his mother and asked "why did you do this?" Jacqueline looked at me with her ice cold eyes and said "why should they have everything when they shouldn't be together." I realised she meant my parents. I asked them where my dad and brothers were and they said same place where Logan is. At that point I realised that they must be still alive somewhere but what worried me I could feel my brothers and dad and knew they were alive but I could not feel my mate.

Without second guessing anything I let Delko take over and let him literally rip them to pieces.

I than shifted back my human and grabbed some shorts which were near the trees where the kits were I managed to get them to shift back and I some how carried them to the car which was still in tack. I managed to find my clothes, key, wallet and my mobile which was still working. So I decided to ring the council to let them know what happened and about the missing pack members and my mate. I explained everything to them including that I could smell both human as well as rogues. As I was about to get off the phone I heard a noise coming from the side of me I quickly told the council I could sense I was surrounded then next thing I knew I heard the kits cries and everything went black.