006

«CHAPTER SIX»

8:11 pm

my phone starts to ring and i quickly answer the incoming call, putting the phone to my ear.

"hello?"

"millie! come over, we're having a girl's night! just the two of us."

i give a small laugh at sadie through the phone.

"alright then, i'll be over in 5."

"bring snacks!"

"of course, bye!"

i smile and hang up.

i grab some things including chips from the pantry and yell to my mom that i'll be at sadie's as i walk out the door.

8:16 pm

the door to sadie's house swings open just as i'm approaching it.

she's on the other side, in a red onesie with a goofy grin on her face.

"welcome to my humble home, you cannot enter unless you have food." she extends her hand in expectance.

i laugh at how childlike she is and place a box of oreos in her hand.

she inspects it with a serious face before saying,

"this will do. you may enter."

i walk into the bright-lit living room with a smile on my face. the walls are white and the furniture is modern. i follow the earthy wooden floors to her bedroom, and i rest on the air mattress she's already set up.

"i can tell you've been down in the dumps lately," she starts.

i open my mouth to deny it, but she puts a finger up and says,

"no—don't convince me otherwise, i know you."

i close my mouth and let her continue.

"so...i knew it was time for another sleepover. i don't care how old we are, i see us eating ice cream and gossiping about boys when we're 30."

i smile and say,

"we better be those friends. i'm counting on it."

she smiles back, then pulls out her phone and a speaker.

"music? i'm feeling...80's!"

"hell yes!"

you can never go wrong with some 80's jams.

9:43 pm

"i could harmonize with you forever, you have the most gorgeous voice!"

"me? mills you're so good!"

"shut up, you're better."

"i think the correct answer is thank you."

i laugh.

every breath you take begins to play and sadie turns the volume down a bit.

"how've you been?"

"good."

she raises an eyebrow. there's a pause. i sigh.

"it's just...it's hard."

i bite my lip and look down so she doesn't see the tears forming in my eyes. she doesn't know how much more there is.

"i don't want you to think i'm weak—" my voice breaks.

"millie," she grabs my hands, "you're the strongest person i know."

a tear rolls down my cheek. sadie pulls me into a hug and i silently cry into her shoulder. she doesn't ask questions, she just holds me.

i don't know how much time passes before i calm down. she quickly runs out of her room and returns with some chocolate ice cream which she offers me with a smile.

she doesn't understand how much i love her.

"so," she starts, "you know that senior caleb? he's actually super sweet."

i smile at my lap. it's about time she noticed him.

-

{528}

hey. it's been a while.

ok, I KNOW. OVERDUE UPDATE FOR SURE AND IM LITERALLY 6 CHAPTERS IN IM DISAPPOINTED TOO.

i have so many excuses but don't wanna bore you lol just know i'm a dumb, anxiety-ridden, and stressed high schooler who's also an expert procrastinator. BUT i'm forcing myself to get better ugh bear w me.

THANKS FOR 1k IT MADE ME VERY HAPPY AND I AM NOT GIVING UP ON THIS STORY. SUMMER BREAK IS COMING UP AND ITS GONNA WORK.

i also have a new book thing called 'love stories'! stranger things oneshots or short stories based on songs. i love music and i also wanna have another story to turn to when i'm stuck w heartstrings. i'm excited abt it so pls check it out!

thanks for staying, if you did. ur gr8.

sincerely,
lucia💩