Please

We padded through the forest back to camp, the pack close at my heels while my mate walked beside me, keeping her head down with a cautious look. We hadn't spoken to one another since she'd agreed to come back with me, and I didn't really know what to say to her at the moment so I continued walking in silence. The sun was nearing the horizon and I assumed it was around 5 by now, it had been a long day and I was tired and from the looks of it so was everyone else as they all head their heads low and walked with little motivation. I raised my head up more, wanting to look presentable as the Alpha, some followed my lead, putting more determination in their walk while others didn't even seem to notice, but I couldn't blame them for it.

The camp came in site and instantly everyone perked up, excited to go home to their mates and families but most of all to get some much-needed sleep. Everyone departed and went in different directions, I walked on to the camp house, wanting to collapse on the couch once I got inside but knew there were some things I had to take care of first, but I'd introduce my mate to my parents in the morning for sure. I stopped and looked at her, she looked back at me with curiosity as I mind linked her

"I left my clothes by that tree over there so I'm going to shift back quickly then head inside for a minute to get you some clothes" I paused before taking off and looked at her,

"I never asked what your name was," I said

"It's Macy" she replied, I nodded casually in response.

I trotted over back to the tree and shifted quickly to change and head back towards my mate, she was in the same position but her back was hunched over slightly and she looked extremely tired as her eyes were half closed. She woke up a bit though as I neared, she looked me over for a moment before looking away abruptly, I pretended not to notice and ran inside to go upstairs to my bedroom. I grabbed a sweatshirt and some sweatpants for her then nearly ran back outside, half expecting she'd be gone, she was still there though just like before and I mentally sighed in relief before putting the clothes on the ground in front of her. She picked them up in her jaws and headed in the same direction I did to shift, I watched her until she disappeared behind a tree before moving my gaze to the figure coming closer to me. It was Jasper and his eyes were bright with confusion from the smell of a rogue in our camp, and I betted some members had already told him as well.

"Jasper" I greeted casually

"Belle, why did you bring a rogue back? I heard they, or apparently she is your mate but I had to come see for myself" his tone was kind but underneath it, I could tell he was not pleased, but it didn't matter what he, or anyone else, thought about it.

"Yes she is my mate" I replied adding in a hint of my alpha tone

"Why didn't you reject her? She's a rogue" the kindness in his voice was not gone,

"And? That's a stupid reason to reject someone" I replied defensively, trying to lose my patience with him.

"You are the Alpha of the most feared pack in the united states, you're already having a hard enough time being accepted not having Erebus and Layla's blood in your veins. Now, this?" He sounded like my parents when scolding me over something I did as a child,

"I don't care what they think of my mate, or me! I am just as good as Erebus without having his blood and if you think that I'm going to reject my mate to prove everyone I'm a great Alpha then you shouldn't be my Beta!" I nearly yelled, my wolf was starting to show slightly as my shoulders raised up and my tone was filled with near rage.

"I-I don't doubt you'll be a great Alpha Belle... I just worry that other packs will see us as weak" he replied slowly, giving in to his Alpha's command, but that didn't fix my anger whatsoever as I responded,