"Sorry, girls," the pegasus said, ushering them to Screwball's room, "but Rarity wants you all at the shop in the morning to try on your gowns."

Her daughter sighed. "Okay, Mom, we'll go to bed."

That did not necessarily mean they would sleep.

"Guess what I heard about Gold Digger!" Lightning Dash whispered once Fluttershy had shut the door.

"What?" Apple Blossom asked, sitting up from her sleeping bag.

Lightning gestured for them to move closer. "His dad told him to find a job, but the only job he was able to get was at..." she paused to snicker, "a rock farm!"

The four mares burst out laughing, but then got quiet when they heard Fluttershy's voice:

"Girls, you better not be talking!"

"No, Mom!" Screwball called. "We're doing our best to fall asleep!"

She listened with her super hearing as her mother flew to her room. "Coast is clear."

"How did Gold Digger get on a rock farm?" Dinky inquired. "His dad is the biggest businessman in town!"

"Apparently, no pony liked his personality," Lightning smirked. "I don't blame them."

"There is justice in the world," Screwball giggled. "My only regret is that I wasn't responsible for it."

"I can't wait for the Grand Galloping Gala," Apple Blossom sighed. "I'll bet it's going to be magical!"

This was Apple Blossom's first Gala. Children were not often invited, but because their mothers were bearers of the Elements of Harmony, and Lightning's parents both Wonderbolts, Screwball and Lightning had gone a couple times before and Screwball never went to a party without Dinky. But this year, because Apple Bloom was performing, all members of the Apple family had been invited, which meant it was going to be quite crowded.

"It's kind of dull," Screwball said flatly. "Well, until Daddy and I shake it up a bit!"

"Don't forget the Wonderbolts!" Lightning exclaimed. "You can never get bored watching my parents do their tricks!"

"And the food is great!" Dinky piped. "Plus, with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, this should be the best Grand Galloping Gala ever!"

"I hope so," Apple Blossom said. "I want this night to be the best night ever!"

"How so?" Lightning asked slyly. "Are you going to ask my brother to dance?"

The yellow pony blushed. "What?!"

"Come on, Blossom," Screwball said, rolling her eyes. "We all know you and Thunder have been digging on each other since the day you met!"

"I...I don't know what you're..."

"Don't even try lying to me. I'll know if you are."

"You should ask him to be your date!" Dinky suggested. "You two would look cute together!"

"I...I don't think he'd..."

"I think he would," Lightning said.

Apple Blossom blinked up at her. "You do?"

"I'm his sister. There's nothing about Thunder that I don't know."

"Oh but...I don't think I'll be able to..."

"We'll help you," Screwball assured her. "What are friends for?"

The mares went quiet as a low cackle echoed throughout the room and lightning flashed.