Different

There was no doubt about it. Screwball proved to be a difficult baby.

A unicorn or a pegasus filly would have been easier, despite their magical surges and eagerness to fly. The daughter of pure chaos had that and more.

While her magic satisfied her hunger, a task that the parents were relieved of, the infant did not fully understand the capability of her powers. A single thought from her simple mind would cause something extraordinary to happen. One day, Fluttershy had the misfortune to come into the nursery and find her child gnawing on the bars of her crib, which had been turned to licorice.

Discord would never forget the night he made the most shocking discovery. A month after bringing their filly home, the couple woke in the middle of the night hearing her wails.

"Your turn," Fluttershy said wearily.

With a groan, Discord teleported to the nursery and gasped when he saw the crib empty.

"Screwy?!" he called desperately, using his nickname for her. "Screwy, where...?"

He heard a sinister laugh and looked up to see Screwball floating (floating!) above his head.

"Oh heck," he mumbled.

He should have guessed this would happen. He jumped up and swung his arms at her, oh, but she was as stubborn as her father and easily dodged him.

"Get down here, young lady!" he demanded.

Then he jumped so high that his head crashed into the ceiling, his antler and horn leaving him stuck. Screwball snickered, but gasped when she saw the angry look on her father's face. She took that as her cue to flee.

"Oh, so that's how you want to play it, huh? Come back here!"

He flapped his wings furiously as he chased her around the room. For an infant, she was quite fast and sneaky. She flew beneath the crib and he collided into its side, thanks to his horn and antler, once again. He chose to go around and finally got a grip on her.

"Gotcha, you little scamper!" Discord shouted triumphantly.

The filly tried to struggle out of his grasp, but her father's hands were too strong. At last, she gave up with a pout. He laughed as he stood and held her up.

"Now to get you back to bed so your Daddy and Mommy can get some sleep," he cooed.

Then he took a sniff of the air and cringed. Screwball snickered again.

"But first, some pony needs a change." He sighed. "Ugh, I hate this part!"

He snapped his fingers and the filly's dirty diaper disappeared, a clean diaper replacing it.

"Who knew raising a foal would be so much work?"

He grunted as he set her down into her crib. She crossed her hooves and glared at him with her spiral eyes. He began to wonder if she had inherited her mother's Stare.

"Don't give me that look, little missy!" he ordered, pointing his finger at her. "You may have chaotic power at your disposal, but I'm the Lord of Chaos and I make the rules around here, got it? Playtime is over! Now get to sleep before I make you sleep!"

The filly suddenly broke into tears, causing Discord to freeze. That had been louder than he had intended.

"Please, please don't cry!"

She opened her mouth and wailed at full volume. It was not that he hated his daughter or vice versa, but when it came to her crying, he was helpless. He did not have the ability to calm down any living creature like Fluttershy. So far, she had been the only one to handle situations like this.