Insanity

As the years went by, Fluttershy and Discord noticed that their daughter possessed talents other than chaos. Like her mother, she had the ability to communicate with the animals and had a decent singing voice. They discovered another gift of hers one evening.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Yes, dear?" Fluttershy replied.

"Where do babies come from?"

Her parents both dropped their forks. Discord nearly choked on his cotton candy.

"W-w-why do you ask, dear?" he stammered.

"Since Aunt Rarity had her baby, I want to know."

The couple looked at each other nervously.

"Well, sweetie," Discord said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Babies come from...um..."

"The stork!" Fluttershy intervened.

"Yea—what?"

"The stork left you on our doorstep!"

"Yeah! The stork!"

Screwball blinked at them. "No, he didn't."

"Of course, he did!" Discord insisted.

She narrowed her eyes. "You're lying to me."

"No, I'm not!"

"Stop it, Daddy!"

"Hold on a second!" Fluttershy interrupted. "How do you know we're lying, sweetie?"

She shrugged. "I just feel it."

From then on, they knew not to lie in front of Screwball, though her question was not answered until many years later.

Gold Digger and his friend Silver Tray continued to pick on her and Dinky, but she kept herself composed, most of the time. There were a couple incidents involving wedgies (she gave them underpants first) and whoopee cushions, but she had not gone as far as the piano accident in a while.

The laugh was on them when she was the first in her class to get her cutie mark. The Ponyville Zappers and the Baltimare Orioles were playing at Funway Park and Screwball begged her father to take her. Fluttershy could not join them because she was at the spa with her friends.

Discord yawned during the first few innings, because they were filled with walks and strike outs and ponies barely even ran. Screwball, however, was enticed in the entire spectacle and bounced in her seat, cheering and waving a foam finger. It got boring for her by the sixth inning, as the ball had only been hit twice. Both pitchers were equally horrible.

She glanced at her father, who was on the verge of falling asleep. Her mother was not here and she knew she would get angry if she found out, but this game needed more excitement.

The Orioles were up to bat now. Their team was leading fifteen to thirteen. The pitcher was looking very tired and nervous. There's no harm in helping him a little.

As soon as the ball left the pitcher's hoof, the audience gasped as it moved in a corkscrew motion. When it hit the catcher's mitt, the umpire cried out: "Strike One!"

"What?!" the batter protested. "No fair! It was a foul!"

"It hit the mitt!" the catcher argued.

Discord woke from his near slumber, his attention finally caught.

"There was no way I could have hit that!"

Shut up, Screwball thought. With that, the batter's mouth was zipped closed. Screwball gasped at her mistake and instantly made the zipper vanish, but her dad and most of the ponies had already seen it.