Tear Drops

They're put into groups of three for the next mission and he's stuck with Changlix. He watches Jisung from the corner of his eye and turns to face him (only to see that damn pout), shrugging it off as best as he could. He's shoved to a separate room, away from Jisung. That's the last he'd seen of him the entire day.

//

Minho's sulking; he has to sit and watch Changbin flirt shamelessly with Felix and he's just wishing Jisung was next to him so he wouldn't be so lonely. It wasn't bad at first, them just laughing and giggling together (Changbin forcing Felix to order chicken and go get it) and being cute. He finds it disgusting, but then again he bets people find him and his overflowing love for Jisung disgusting so he can't really complain.

But then he cringes and his face scrunches up because Felix comes back with the chicken and everything goes downhill from there. They're playing that stupid game and Felix gets 'a kiss on the cheek'. Minho rolls his eyes (so much that they could probably roll out of his head and find their way back to Jisung). 'I choose Changbin hyung and..' Minho's mind goes blank because he knows that Felix is going to choose himself.

He groans when he hears Felix say 'and me' and rolls his eyes when Changbin chokes on his chicken. They're inching closer, tiptoeing around each other. Changbin's kneeling next to Felix, his hand on the front of Felix's neck and he's trying to kiss Felix on the cheek (Felix's high pitched screaming in the background).

When Changbin finally kisses Felix's cheek and then Felix and Changbin both roll away (after three seconds of skin to skin contact) the producer turns the camera off and gives Changbin a look. Changbin immediately walks over to Felix, who's laying on the ground, and drops to his knees. Minho's heart skips a beat when he sees Changbin lower himself so his face is two centimeters from Felix, taking the plunge and connecting their lips together.

Minho's heart jumps as he's brought back to a windy day, messy hair, and lips on his as he fell with (and for) Jisung; he smiles and lets himself fall for Jisung even more, committing that smile to memory (even if it meant throwing away everything he's known before).

//

Minho's heart drops when it happens, when he makes a mistake during the glow performance. Throughout the entire song all he can think about is how much he'd practiced, how much sweat he'd gone through (how many Jisungless nights were suffered in the practice room). He kicks himself over it, hating himself more and more with each passing second.

When the song ends and Jyp brings up his mistake he winces, trying to hide behind anything that will keep him from being scolded. He takes a peek at Changbin and Felix who are looking at him with pity, but he doesn't have time to respond because Jyp says something that makes his insides churn.

'I'm sorry, you can't move forward.' He doesn't look sorry when he says it, not one bit. 'I'm sorry, I really am Minho-yah, but this is what has to be done. You're eliminated'. Minho's knees tremble, threatening to buckle but they hold him up. He feels Jisung's arms wrap around him immediately and he tries his hardest to keep from crying as he wraps his arms around Jisung.

'It'll be okay, hyung, we'll be okay' Jisung whispers into his ear, pulling him closer. Minho nods, terrified his words would fail him, and pulls away. Jisung moves away to let the other members hug him, but Minho already misses his warmth. 'Hyung, why did you do that? Why did you do that?' Minho turns to see a sobbing Felix running to him and tackling him in a hug.

The other members come rushing to him, hugging him and apologizing (Chan saying that he won't be left or forgotten, that he'll wait for Minho because they will debut as nine). Suddenly it's like there's a force pushing people away from him, forming a makeshift path for Jisung.

He walks down the path (flashes of Jisung in a white tux flash in his mind. He shakes them off because they're friends, not getting married) with a small smile on his face, unshed tears threatening to fall. The cameras are turned off, Jyp is gone, the producers are gone; all that's left of the show are the blue lights and the other members keeping him grounded.

Jisung's blinking rapidly, trying to hold the tears in and Minho prays to god that he doesn't because if Jisung cries he's a goner. Jisung reaches him and stands two feet away, hesitating to move closer. After an eternity he finally moves forward, hugging Minho again and Minho pulls him closer and wraps his arms around Jisung's waist. Jisung breaks down; Jisung's crying in his arms and Minho struggles to hold back the tears, but he has to be strong for the crying boy.

'I don't want you to leave. You can't leave.' 'Jisungie, it's okay.' Jisung snuggles closer, crying harder. 'You can't go, you can't leave me, you can't leave us.' Minho pulls away and wipes Jisung's tears, new ones forming almost immediately. 'Hyung, my heart hurts.' 'do you want me to kiss it better?'

Jisung laughs and nods, Minho chuckling as he places a small kiss to Jisung's chest. Then it hits him, he has an idea. He takes off his necklace, the necklace he never takes off because he cherishes it too much, and puts it on Jisung. He hears a small gasp from Jisung (and a loud gasp from the seven onlookers who don't know how to give personal space). 'Hyung, this is yours, I-' 'take it.' 'but, it's your favorite. I can't-' 'why not?' 'it's too much, this is your favorite. You don't have to-' 'this is nothing,' Minho pauses, pushing the hair out of Jisung's face before continuing. 'I'd give you my heart if you asked for it.' 'hyung, I- you- kiss me?'

Minho smiles as Jisung's hands grip his hair gently, pulling him closer. 'Please, hyung, please kiss me.' Minho pulls Jisung closer, his hands finding their way back to Jisung's waist. 'Okay.' Jisung's wasting no time, his fingers digging deep into Minho's hair, pulling Minho closer and connecting their lips desperately.

Minho's shocked by the boldness Jisung shows, but responds with just as much fervor as Jisung and when he pulls away he wipes Jisung's tears. He walks away, leaving the room as he tries to keep his tears at bay.