23 ➳ Regret Your Words

♪ Sorry to my unknown lover

~Your POV~

"Hey Y/n, I know you really don't wanna talk right now..."

Tony still hasn't said a word to me. After fixing him up two days ago, we just sat in silence for another minute or so before I finally got the message he'd been silently expressing to me the entire time—he wanted me gone.

You would think that after the giant brawl that my father would circle Tony like a helicopter parent, making him feel bad about what he did, but it seems as if the accident made our dad disappear even more. I didn't know why, but I knew the intentions wouldn't be good.

When our dad was home, he was always on the computer with the phone up to his ear. He was in his office, so I couldn't really hear what he was saying, but he looked so focused, so determined.

"...and reaching out to you through a voicemail isn't probably the best way to do it, haha, I know you always thought voicemails were cheesy..."

Later that Sunday, two days after the accident on Friday, I was laying lazily across the couch, watching crappy Hallmark movies to lift my spirits, but that really wasn't working. It just made me think that having a life as perfect as the characters and loving their soulmate that they share the complete bond with is unattainable. It's the harsh truth of this world.

To dream that someone can be something more than themselves, to dream that a person can connect with someone beyond words, to dream that a life that's so simple and perfect is possible to reach within a lifetime...to dream is just an awful excuse to believe fantasies.

Dreams just end in tears anyway.

"But, I—uh, I really wanted to let you know that...I didn't mean to hurt Tony..."

The heavy knock that pounded against my front door sounded solemn, but that could just be the grief and regret messing with my mind.

Standing up, I mute the TV and tap my cheeks in an attempt to wake me up and shake myself out of my blue-mood. After unlocking the door, I twist the handle and pull open the door, giving a little smile to the person in front of me, but then my expression changed when I noticed who it really was.

"Mom?" I practically gasp in shock. "What're you doing here? You never said that you were visiting!"

"...and I really regret letting my emotions get the better of me...I shouldn't have put you in that position..."

I let go of the door knob and throw myself into her arms. I missed her hold, her comforting figure that I could just sink into, her cinnamon and vanilla scent that she had as her signature perfume, and her soft voice that could sing me to sleep even if she was dozens of octaves off of the tune.

I don't know why, but I knew this was bad. But I didn't care, she was my mom, she was here, she was physically here—not just a sound over the phone. I knew that her being here was bad, but right know, I just needed her to tell me everything is going to be alright.

"...the position of choosing me and your brother, that is. I should've known who'd you side with..."

"Everything is going be alright, right?"

She doesn't reply verbally, only by hugging me slightly tighter then before. I feel my stomach drop and my head begin to swim.

I was right, something was horribly wrong.