14 | Don't Leave The Blame to The Pitiful Driver

|©Reandayo - 11 February 2018|

"So, you still want to go to the national library?"

"Isn't that my reason for going out?"

"Your father won't allow that." Graham looked at her through the rear view before setting his eyes back on the road.

"After that previous accident I'm afraid the lord won't even allow you to go anywhere without him watching by his own eyes"

Elena smirked, "No worries, I trust you guys won't tell anything to father."

Kaiden for the first time to talk with her, raised his eyebrows, "Why would you think so?"

"That means you guys are confessing your own mistakes." Elena replied nonchalantly as she leaned against the car's door, looking outside through the window.

Kaiden stiffened, "What do you mean....?"

"You guys left me behind at the car without anyone who can protect me." Elena closed her eyes for a second before opening them again, "Man up, don't leave the blame to the pitiful driver. He was scared to death."

The car had a pregnant silent before Graham broke them.

"Young miss, please forgive me. I neglect my duty to protect you and not leading my men to your safety. I made a huge mistake.."

Elena chuckled, smiling at him, "It's not like I care, you would safe me eitherway. But if father heard this I'm afraid your position of being my bodyguard is in danger, and I wouldn't want that."

Elena raised her head to stare at Graham through the rear mirror, "Your secrets are safe with me if you keep this as a secret too. So can I trust your decision?"

"Of course, young miss."

Jovan chuckled, "Damn, and I thought you were just the common spoiled brat of a young miss. Jovan is glad to be in your service."

Elena didn't know how to react to the comment he made and just reply with a gratitude.

"And what is the reason you made for our delay?" Kaiden asked.

"Just tell him I met an interesting shop halfway through the library and forgot the time."

"Noted." Jovan replied.

The car stopped slowly at a massive hundred years old 50-stories building with an ancient European style.

"We have arrived." Graham informed.

The car is soon crowded by men and maids with her family's logo carved at their suits as Kaiden get out of the car and help Elena to step out.

"...you're attracting many unwanted attention, you know that, Graham?"

"It's under the lord's order, please understand." The handsome stiff-face bodyguard replied while leading her.

"No, I meant your face.."

The receptionist drolled at Graham but soon changed into her professional smile as she noticed Elena.

"See what I mean?" Elena asked.

"What..?" Graham asked.

"You're so oblivious of your surrounding, I am now doubting of why you are selected as my trusted bodyguard." She muttered, disappointed at her right hand man.

Graham was about to open his mouth before the receptionist beat him into it.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?"

Graham gave the middle-age woman a paper with the Wellington head's signature on it and the infamous logo of Wellington household.

"We will reserve the whole building for the rest of the day. We requested a 300% increase of security and no people are allowed to trespass the room where young miss at."

"Have you asked for the Librarian's permission?"

"She has approved." Graham took another copy of an approval letter that was fax-ed four hours ago before they departed.

Elena's eyes widened at her father's quick preparations, she has underestimated his protective syndrome to his family.

The receptionist was also surprised, taking a deep breath calming herself, she bowed 90 degrees. "I understand. Please let me escort you to the main table as our people will handle the guests inside."

"Thank you." the husky and deep voice hummed through the receptionist's ears as she keeps on internally drolling at Graham's body.

"My pleasure." She nod at Graham and welcomed Elena with a smile.

As they arrived, they found the library is empty with no one around.

"They're fast workers." Jovan complimented with awhistled, "Thanks lady."

The receptionist shy away at the group full of muscles and attractive men.

"I will now excuse myself, please enjoy yourselves."

As the receptionist left, and the securities and her guards positioned themselves at guarding the important figure, Elena decided to stroll around the novel corner, searching for the book that held many secrets of her life. She found it. Complete set of it. But a shadow made her hesitate on taking the books with her.

"...why are you following me?"

"I've learnt my mistake." Graham stated proudly, "I will never leave your side again."

"That is unnecessary this time. I trust your protection even if you are faaaaar away."

I can't take the books if you were staring intensely to me like I've committed a sin!

I know I'm super duper underage at reading this story of mine! But I can't wait for ten years to know my life.

"However I think it's the best that I guard you at your sid—"

"Captain, there's a problem!" Jovan called.

Graham frowned at his shameless subordinate, "What is it?"

"The crown prince is demanding admission here, regardless of the Wellington's reservation!"

| AUTHOR NOTE|

Sorry. I think the update is slowing down huh? And maybe in the future too.

There is this test I need to pass fron the government and I'm crying while studying my ass off.

Thanks for reading though 🙏