Prologue (2/2)

|©Reandayo - 31 December, 2017|

A large truck is making a loud horn noise caught at the tail of my eye. With my athletic reflex, I ran to get away from it.

And succeed.

I exhaled, while panting.

Woah, almost died there.

If I ever died, I don't wanna die with a cliché truck-sama's death like in a transmigration or reincarnation light novel.

Oops, did I just broke the fourth wall? ..Nah, no way.

Kai rushed towards me as he hug me.

"Dammit, I almost thought I will lose you!" His tears are falling to my shoulder as he keeps on crushing me with his hug.

I felt his body trembling in fear, confused at what I supposed to do, I hug him back. Happy of the current situation.

Truck-sama failed to kill me again.

Again? Yes, again.

It seems like trucks—or is it the truck drivers—had grudges on me.

This is the fifth time a truck has ran to me, and also the fifth time it did not succeed.

I broke the hug awkwardly, while he still looking at me with his watery eyes.

I laughed, "You're still the same old crybaby, eh?"

He pouts, "Not funny. You almost die and here you are laughing at my face."

He puts his head on my shoulder, "I must say that I'm grateful you have an incredible athletic instincts like mine."

I hit his head, "You narcissistic bastard."

He chuckles lightly, tightens his hug.

"Satsuki, I love you."

"I kno—— EHHH!?"

Why with the aburpt situation change, huuuuuh.

Did you see my red tomato face? Gosh this is soo embarassing, his sudden confession makes me super happy.

"I— I love you from the start, from when I first met you,  your smile, it keeps replaying in my head."

"...then why don't you tell me?"

"I know, Sa-chan. I just don't want our relationship to get destroyed and our relation will get awkward and stuff."

"All these time I date girls to forget you, to search for people who might can replace you. But then I realized you are irreplaceable, Sa-chan."

"My heart stops when you were about to die, like before.. I know this is the 5th time you were about to die, that's why I always stay by your side to prevent them! But to think I'm useless.."

"H- How did you..?"

He bitterly smile, "I have my 24/7 supervision on you."

"Isn't that breaking my privacy?"

He divert his eyes and changed the subject, "Don't leave me."

I pats his head, "I won't.. because I love you too."

Besides being a best friend, he is also my childhood friend and lover now I guess. We grow up together as orphans until we were both get adopted by a different family.

Mine is a typical evil step-sisters, evil step-parents. I won't get surprised if their dog is evil as well.

While he lives in a wealthy family, a castle-like house and a loving family.

I would be lying if I say I'm not envious. It would be obvious if you think about it.

But whatever.

I plan to get out of the house once I get my collage degree anyway.

—That's what I'm thinking to do until...

*CRASHED*

A table had fall from the sky and hit a motorcycle that makes it crashed to my body.

Do you want me to die
that much, god?

And to think that my life starting to get better....