IDLE TALK | Alexander Adlard Wellington

|©Reandayo - 15 January, 2018|

A father of four. The strongest man on kingdom. The third prince. The smartest scholar. A honorable and respected individual.

All of those are not just a mere title, some have their own history.

As I grow up, I realized myself, growing up, is not as good as what people said. Like a wheel, life has it's own ups and downs. People can only accept their fate.

As the only son of my parents, I was raised as the heir of my mother's multibillion worth company, and the successor of Duke Wellington household.

At the age of five, I met people like me, people who were fated the same as me.

Born to be perfect, born to be independent, not letting people to use and control me for every decision I made.

At the age of ten, the first time I feel this bitter sensation called losing.

Losing a mother, losing the only sunshine that keeps me warm and safe.

Also at the age of ten, I meet a vicious woman, my step-mother, and a girl five years younger than me, who was introduced as my half-sister. Automatically my sadness has turned into pure hatred.

My father has been cheating my mother for these whole years. Having a child with other woman without us knowing.

At the age of twelve, I realized I have nothing to called home.

My father's love are solely for those social climbers and I grow only to hate him. That woman and her daughter were only good to me because I am their only pillar of the family when my father is gone.

There are no pure love.

At the age of fifteen, they sent me to the prestigious boarding school.

I decided to devoted myself to the name my mother gave me.

Alexander Adlard Wellington. Defender of men, a strong and brave noble from the wealthy estate.

At the age of seventeen, I beat the strongest man and was bestowed upon as the third prince by his majesty the king, and gained myself the trust to be the crown prince's right hand man.

I become the most fearful and respected man only with my own two hands.

At the age of eighteen, I fight for my own rights.

The multibillion dollar company my mother has left was unsurprisingly the sole reason why that woman married my father.

Only to be beated by me on the court. Of course because it rightfully belongs to her own son,not for a husband who completely have no blood relation to her. I don't know if they are just purely dumb or worse-they got their brains only for accessory.

At the age of twenty, I met my beloved. The love of my life, the key of a beginning at my own little family. Beatrice, the only daughter of a duke from the neighboring kingdom.

Seeing her status, of course my father accepted the marriage with no complains or conditions. Neither did her own family after meeting me and knowing what I'm capable of.

Our marriage are the best gift that was given by the world. But for some reason years have passed, Beatrice had not give my father a grandchild like he wanted.

I kept on soothing my wife that everything will be okay. That I won't leave her and look for woman anywhere else like what my father did.

Gave up on hope, we picked up a child with familiar features like ours from the orphanage far away from the kingdom.

We raised him like he's our own, making sure he grow up with everything.

We named him Calvin. The perfect name to complete our ABC.

Four years of raising him, we decided to take another child from the orphanage where we took Calvin from. But fortune is at our side, we found another boy at our private shore right before we get into the yacht.

He was borned from the sea, they said. His hair are white and his eyes are blue. He looks abnormally beautiful, even to me.

Son of the wave and born near the sea, a perfect name for this beautiful child; Dylan.

We raised them with unconditional parents love. Making sure they have everything and will never experience what I did when I was a child.

With the doting love my wife and I have given to them, I was surprised that they growed up not like the spoiled noble brat of my friend's children.

After three years of waiting, god have finally heard our prayers. After three years of our effort, he finally bestowed me my first child, a beautiful daughter of my own blood.

I was afraid when the doctors said she was not breathing, but fortunately this is just a common case where they have to make the baby to cry for her to breathe.

I grew in rage imagining them hitting my own newborn child, but as I heard my daughter cry and had fallen asleep, I look at her one more time.

Our jewel, our treasure, our everything. I named her Elena Aestrea Wellington. Shining light, or bright one, the goddess of justice and innocence from the wealthy estate.

We have never expected that after a year, we were finally expecting our second child, this time a beautiful son, I named him Fabian.

My baby daughter grows up different, the experience of raising up two sons were a waste. She cried only when she feels uncomfortable and it is easy to make her happy.

Her intelligence had shown ever since the first time she spoke "papa" and raising her hand commanding me to pick her up as she stared at me with her deep ocean eyes.

It's the first time I, as an adult who have faced many types of people, feel intimidated by my own child's charisma. I grew excited of seeing how she will grow.

She grows up to be fond with her big brothers. Not knowing why, I feel my heart ache. I hope everything is still the same when they know they are not related to each other.

Fabian meanwhile, grows up attached to his own big sister. I laughed merrily at their adorable arguments and interaction.

As the father of Calvin and Dylan, two children I picked who surprisingly "possessed" magic, I just knew god has give me a present for my patience this whole years. As the father of two intelligent children of my own blood, I know I will always raise my own head proud.

Calvin, Dylan, Elena and Fabian.

Thank you for coming into this old man's life.

| AUTHOR NOTE |

Surprise? No?

Hmm, I'll make sure to surprise you next time. Until then, please just pretend to be surprised. Lol.