9 | The Secret and The Piano

|©Reandayo - 19 January, 2018|

Seriously, to think I reincarnated as the infamous Villaines?

I unconsciously pressed the piano key hard and startled Fabian. Closing my eyes, I muttered my sorry to him.

What do you expect me to react? Moreover, I don't even know myself how I react to the fact.

Ahaha, my heart is beating so fast. Am I scared? Or am I excited? I don't know either.

I reincarnated as a character who is related to hatred and jealousy. Who bullied the protagonist for being perfect—for stealing the people who once stood close beside her.

You guessed it, everything that goes against the protagonist have this bad ending shits.

What do you expect me to do?

Anxiously waiting for the perfect time to run away?

Leaving this family whom I grew fond with?

Leaving a lovely mother and father pair that I did not have at my previous life?

Leaving this comfy house where I grew up?

Leaving my brothers and those memories I made with them?

I'm sick of the word leaving! I have left Kai for fuck's sake and I'm still guilty for it!

And even if I do leave, this world is still their world. If I'm not in where I was supposed to be, fate will find it's way to make me involve.

Avoid any capture targets? I don't even remember those other thirteen capture targets amongst the twenty-four! And even if I knew, the high society I lived in does not allow me to avoid people!

Huh—what's wrong with me?

Elena—no, I'm not Elena. Satsuki, you're not the sassy girl I knew and grew up to be. What's with all this anxious and pity corner session shit?

I have been given freedom. There are no one from stopping me playing music like before.

There will be no step-mother who will threaten to kick me out if I ever touch a music instrument. There will be no step-sister who will help that woman harassing me in every single option I chose.

And if you think about it with your brain properly, Elena always got her bad end because her villainous act got discovered by the capture targets.

The previous Elena—the Elena in the game is dumb. She did all the acts herself and not even cover it up.

Ah geez, I need to stop calling people dumb or it'll rub into me as well. I need to stop criticizing fictional character who is now a real person!

I pulled my bangs up with my fingers and gritted my teeth. I'm feeling helpless at my current situation.

But dammit, I can't recall the minor storyline meeting of the capture targets and the heroine, I only remember how she meets Ivan Habsburg.

Just because I ignore the storyline only to read more about Ivan Habsburg, don't tell me I have also ignored each meeting of the heroine and the capture targets.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Onee-sama, what's the problem?"

I came out of my thoughts at Fabian's voice. Realizing that I just spaced out, I shake my head slowly.

"Onee-sama, I have grow up with you ever since we were still on diapers. Your always composed face were now seemingly restless. There must be something going on."

He casually sat beside me on the piano seat and starts playing the song he just learnt.

I cringed at his minor mistakes, his cute face were trying so hard at performing elegantly but it makes him more clumsy instead.

"You need to practice more.." I chuckled.

He awkwardly laugh,

"Then will you please teach me, Music-prodigy-sama?"

"Gladly." I replied with a grin.

"Now you're smiling. See, this younger brother of yours is not useless, right?"

"What makes you think like that? My baby brother is not useless." I replied. "Who said that you're useless?"

"No one." He replied, "It's just Onee-sama seems to have a lot of problem and I just don't want you to shoulder them yourself. I just want to prove myself I'm not useless."

"My baby brother is unexpectedly sharp and you can easily make me smile, so you're not useless..." I smiled softly, "But this matter is a secret and I can't tell you."

"Why—"

"You said you want me to teach you, right?" I deliberately changed the subject.

He shut his mouth and nodded reluctantly.