ONLY THE BEGINNING

Start from the beginning

"Unless you wanna cheerlead, we could use one. Even if you are rough around the edges" Derek said looking at my combat boots.

"Between the two of us and your obviously shaved legs, You'de make a way better cheerleader" I said. He gaped at me and covered his legs, which were in fact shaved. I had walked in on him in this bathroom this morning, more on that later.

"Dude, you shave?" a big guy with blonde floppy hair said grinning.

"Dude...she...coach!!" he wailed.

"Although that was quite funny. I can't have a girl on my boy's team. It would be challenging for you to keep up" he said which made my blood boil in a crazy way.

"Okay, if you'd rather have rapunzel on your team then that's your business" I said signalling to Derek's long greasy hair.

"Dude!" he yelled at me, while smoothing his hair. That day I simply went home called my aunt and let her take care of it. Within two months I was allowed to try out and proved that I was in fact better than half the guys on the team, including Derek.

Instead of helping Derek up I turned towards the locker rooms and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Brad, captain of the team and hottest guy evarr, yelled from the circle of guys crowded around Derek.

"Locker room. I need to change" I yelled right back.

I usally went into the girls locker room, which is always empty during soccer practise, change, and head over to the guys locker room to talk about new plays and stuff. I walked to the first locker, put in my combination and opened.

"Aaaah" I yelled as a frog jumped out on me. I stared at the frog closely and realized I had seen it a million times. It was the stupid frog Derek had nicknamed 'Lightbolt' when he was younger.

"Derek!" I yelled still in my sports bra and shorts.

I walked into the boys locker room and fumed. 

"What are you looking at Rashad!" I yelled as Rashad ran a hand across his head

"Your half naked" he muttered looking at my stomach.

"Ooh" I squeaked.

I quickly forgot my embarrassment when I saw Derek walking into the locker room with Brad helping him. I walked up to him and he gave me an alarmed look through the tissue's he had glued to his face. His eyes went wide when he saw the frog in my hands.

"Help me" he yelped as I lunged at him. Brad let go of Derek and gripped me around the waist. 

"You idiot! Come near my locker again and I'll make sure it's not just your face that bleeds!" I yelled over the 'yeehaws' coming from everyone else.

"Ashley, throw in a punch for me too!" Rashad yelled which made me crack up despite my fuming attitude.

"Shut up Rashad! Do you want me to die?" Derek said through the tissues.

"Is that a rhetorical question?" Rashad said pulling a lime green shirt over his wife beater.

"Men! Men!" coach yelled walking into the room. Rashad quickly threw me his sweater and I quickly zipped it up. No need to remind coach that I was a girl.

"Coach, Ashley tried to kill me!" Derek whimpered like a baby.

"Karington" coach said in a warning tone.

"What? He put a frog in my locker...i'm allergic to frogs" I yelled as coach's eyes went wide.

"Lawson! How dare you put a players health at risk" coach bellowed.

"No! she's lying" Derek yelled as Brad gave him a questioning look. Rashad, who had known me practically my whole life shook his head at me and grinned. I obviously wasn't allergic to frogs, but it was fun watching Derek get in trouble.

............................................................................................

"Ash, you are brilliant" Rashad said clapping his hands as we walked to Derek’s car.

"No she's not" Derek grumbled.

If you were just a random stranger you would think that we were just two white kids and a black kid walking home from school.

You wouldn't know that both the black and white boy were my brother's. Yep, Rashad was my step-brother too. Derek's dad adopted rashad when he was 2 and they're dad married my mom when I was eleven, them twelve. I always got along with Rashad more than i did Derek. He was loud, rude, obnoxious, and could hardly carry on a conversation.

"I'm telling dad what you did" Derek muttered.

"Go ahead, we all know he's going to take my side" I smiled.

"Fine. I’m telling mom" Derek smiled right back at.

"Wait, what? No! Don’t tell her. She'll ground me" I yelled.

"Yeah, she will" Derek said skipping to his car.

"Loser" rashad muttered.

Rashad always sat in the back seat while I took the front.

"Shad, please switch seats. I’m scared she'll murder me" Derek said giving his brother a look.

"Dude, you know I don't do front seats" Rashad muttered uncomfortable

"Okay, then Ashley sits in the back with him. I don't trust you" he said looking over the roof of his beamer.

"You’re kidding" I muttered.

"Nope" Derek sat in the front. I was about to get into the back but imagine my surprise when a large rolled up poster board practically takes me out.

"What the~" I look up to find Lucas Munk standing there grinning.

"Wipe that stupid look off your face" I said rubbing my cheek where the board hit me.

"Are you okay?" he looked at me with his intense brown eyes.

"I’m fine" I grumbled.

"Sorry about that. The guys were about to LARP and I was making posters" Lucas ran a hand through his tousled black hair.

"LARP? C’mon dude, you could do so much better" Derek laughed from the front of the car.

Lucas really could. Lucas could easily be the nicest looking guy in school if he actually tried. Aside from his "larp-ing" and reading so much science fiction and ACTUALLY joining a sports team, Lucas could be popular.

"I've told you, I have no interest in resolving to activities that society deems fit for me. I am my own person" Lucas rolled the sleeve of his plaid shirt up.

"Whatever dude" Derek grinned.

"Do I have pepperoni on my face?" Lucas smiled at me and I realized that I was staring.

"No...No" I muttered averting my eyes.

"I got to go. See you later guys" Lucas said smiling at me and exchanging high fives with Rashad and Derek.

"Smooth" rashad laughed

.................................................................

WATTPAD WON'T PUT MY FAVE SONGS ON THE SIDE SO AFTER EACH CHAPTER I WILL PUT A SONG I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL CHECK OUT :)S.O.T.D= SONG OF THE DAY 

S.O.T.D: NO FAITH IN BROOKLYN-HOODIE ALLEN