16 GOING ON 40

HEY GUYS! JUST WANTED TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO @lunaiscute ! EVERYTIME I UPLOAD A NEW CHAPTER, I ALWAYS GET A NEW NOTIFICATION THAT SHE LIKED IT AND I APPRECIATE THAT SO MUCH! YOU ARE AWESOME AND I HOPE YOUR LIKING THE BOOK SO FAR :) 

.

“I don’t feel safe with you eating that macaroni whilst driving, Derek” I yelled grabbing my seat for comfort. Derek was zooming through the lanes with one hand while i, in the passenger seat, and Rashad, in the back, held on for dear life.

 “Whilst? What are you, forty?” Derek scoffed turning up the radio.

 “Slow down!!!!” Me and Rashad yelled in unison. Now i was afraid for my life

 “We’re here” Derek smiled doing a bad parking job in front of a humongous grey mansion. 

 “This is Keenan’s place?” I asked in awe. There was a large fountain in the front yard and the steps leading up to the house were made of cobblestone. It honestly looked like Hogwarts met 90210

 “Where’s Harry?” Rashad breathed

 “Welcome to the party!” A tan ginger yelled throwing the door as Derek knocked. He was wearing a black wife beater and green board shorts, which in my opinion were NOT party attire.  He was also holding a tall red cup and took a long sip...or guzzle.

 “Keenan, my man” Rashad high fived him and entered.

 “Hey dude” Derek fist bumped him and turned to me, “This is my sister, Ashley”

 "Well, hello there” Keenan raised an eyebrow and smiled at me

 “Lay off” Derek grumbled following Rashad into the living room

 “Why don’t you let the lady speak?” Keenan shrugged switching his drink to his other hand. I didn’t know what to say so i smiled.

 "Why don’t you ask her to come in as opposed to letting her stand out here?” An exact replica of Keenan grinned coming up from behind me. Despite my usual confidence, i jumped

 “Calm down, this is just my incredibly good looking brother Kaden” Keenan laughed. Keenan 2.0 looked exactly like Keenan but his hair was cut shorter, which looked better in my opinion, and he seemed to have a more skateboarder style of dressing as opposed to the surfer boy style Keenan had going on. He was wearing Black skinny jeans, royal blue blue DC’s, and no shirt.

 “Mind if i ask where your shirt went?” Keenan asked his brother, or himself if i were in an alternate universe.

 “Some guy decided his lunch looked better on me” He sighed, “It kind of did”

 “You disgust me” Keenan shook his head

 “Thats what your ex said about you” Kaden retorted.

 “Are you STILL not letting her in?” Kaden rolled his eyes and pushed me lightly into the house.

 “Little word of advice, don’t go near him. He has a way of using people” Kaden whispered

 “Why would you say that about your brother?” I asked shocked

 “Thats not who i’m talking about” He whispered quietly just as Brad came out of a room off to the back

 “What do you mean?” I was about to ask but Brad swaggered up to us

 “Ashley, wow” Brad looked me up an down appreciatively, “You look...wow”

 “Thanks” I blushed

 “Hey Brad” Kaden said curtly

 “Whats up?” Brad said boisterously.