The cells were more alive than you've ever seen in all the dekaphobes you've been down there. Chatter was filling the room and bouncing off the walls. An Emperor Pro Tem was here, though no one knew who it was. There was a popular opinion that it was Prince Lotor. You only allowed your hopes to get as high as thinking you could get out of here. Lotor coming back sounded like a dream. 

You could feel Lesiva staring at you from off to the side. You didn't look over at her; you just continued to do the work placed in front of you. Fonos was off looking for the Emperor Pro Tem to ask about you. You had such a misplaced feeling in your heart. There was a tight knot in your stomach. You prayed Haggar wasn't with the new Emperor Pro Tem because if she was then there was no way Fonos would convince them now.

Think about something else. It'll be fine. Have faith in Fonos.

Chatter got immensely louder and everyone started to walk back to their cells. You heard Commander Prorok's voice over everyone else's once he got closer. Telling everyone to go back to there cells, his eyes landed on you,

"(Y/N). Come with me."

Curious and fearing eyes followed you as you walked out of the room following the commander. You growled at people who didn't move out of your way and you swear when you did, all prisoners in the general direction you were growling took a big step back.

Everyone was either afraid of you, or they minded their own business and didn't bother messing with you. The scar across your face and chest didn't help but make you look more rugged and like a brute.

Walking down a hall you haven't been down in ages, Prorok spoke,

"(Y/N) first, off I'd like to say thank you."

"For?"

"The medical kit for Throk. We were certain we were out of them until you found that one. Strange, really. We looked all over the place and all you did was go down a hall. Doesn't matter, though; Throk is fine thanks to you."

"...don't mention it." You didn't say more.

He turned a corner and continued down a wider, more lit corridor,

"The other thing is this: the new Emperor Pro Tem is coming down tomorrow to check all of the prisoners out and see who we can still use as potential soldiers. Please be on your best behavior."

"Why didn't you just say this to the whole room and then just pull me to the side to thank me?"

Prorok stopped and turned to you,

"I felt I needed to tell you personally-"

"Why? Because I 'poisoned' someone oh-so-fuckin' long ago? You don't know what happened! You don't know jack-"

"I can send you back if you prefer."

You shut your mouth on the spot. Prorok smirked,

"That's what I thought," he turned and continued down the hall once more, "and I do in fact know what happened. Did you know your brother had a journal?"

"A.. journal?"

"Yes; he wrote in it often. The idiot wrote down his plans for poisoning his apprentice to frame you. We searched through his things after he disappeared on that mission to collect the castle."

Ah- I was in that room... I watched that mission from the throne room on a big screen under Sendak's request to Lord Zarkon that I do. He wanted to me regret dissing him as my big brother. Pffft- guess that didn't work, uh Sendak?

"So does that clear my name or something?"

"It would if the stunt you and Prince Lotor pulled didn't hurt Emperor Zarkon. The scar is still on his face, you know?"

"I am aware," and trying not to smile at the thought. Thank the ancients that Prorok's back was to you at the moment.

"You are going to be observed by the Emperor Pro Tem tomorrow. I suggest you hope like hell that's when you get out. If not, it's 3 dekaphobes."

"3 DEKAPHOBES?!"

"It's that or never."

You stopped and thought Prorok came to a halt at a door and you realized you just walked in a big ass circle. Back to your cell, it was, then.

He pushed open the door for you and you walked through without thanking him. On purpose.

"It's that or never."

Lesiva reached out of her stall and managed to grab your hair before you could walk into your cell. You turned and glared,

"Ow."

"Sorry," she apologized, "Fonos told me to tell you-"

"To wait until tomorrow, I know."

She smiled, "Great! I hope we can get out together. You're like my best friend."

It was weird for you to hear that. Even so, why? Lesiva and you hardly ever talked this much until just weeks ago before Voltron attacked the Empire.

Whatever; just accept it.

"..me too, Les."

She giggled with excitement, "and maybe Fonos and I could-"

"Yeah." You didn't want to hear it. Yes, you were happy for them but that doesn't mean it didn't make you think about Lotor and it most certainly doesn't mean then that it doesn't hurt.

You climbed into bed and sat with thoughts racing through your mind. Racked with anxiety about who the Emperor Pro Tem might be, you laid back and close your eyes with your brows slightly furrowed.

It took forever for you to relax and fall asleep.