There was something wrong with me.

I walked back out into the kitchen, seeing only Megan this time as she stepped away from the coffee pot that was currently brewing. She crossed her arms as she looked at me, giving me time to speak, “You know, pulling what you did this morning was unfair.”

She shrugged, “Life’s unfair. Besides, you should’ve thought about your choice of words last night when you decided to be a complete bitch to your teacher.”

I squinted my eyes, “You weren’t my teacher last night, you were my brother’s nosy girlfriend.”

She took a couple steps towards me, allowing me to take in her dress attire which complimented her figure. Her tight jeans and boots made her stand slightly taller than me, and her button down shirt teased me just enough to make me want to undo them.

“I’m not his girlfriend.”

I raised my eyebrows, attempting to keep my eyes off of her chest as she stepped slightly closer to me. I knew she was trying to intimidate me, or seduce me, or confuse me, but right now I was holding my guard up, and she wasn’t going to win.

“So what, he’s your sugar daddy or something?”

She tilted her head, “I can make your senior year hell, Sam. Remember that.”

I smiled sarcastically, knowing she could, but I could be a hell of a lot worse. “I’ve been through hell, Miss Adams, and I’m pretty sure you’ve met your match.”

I watched something in her gaze change, as if I had confused her with my response, which was something I wanted. I realized we were kind of close too, and then she reached for her bag, slinging it over her shoulder, “Don’t be late for class. And lock up when you leave, Shawn’s left already.”

She slammed the door behind her then, and I instantly realized how hard my heart was beating. I sighed heavily, realizing how angry she had gotten me at 7:30 in the morning.

“What the fuck was that?”

I turned suddenly, seeing Blair at the doorway, “What the hell Blair?”

“Dude, you have some weird ass tension between you two.”

I rolled my eyes, pouring coffee as I ignored her comment, “Do you want some coffee?”

“No, but I do want to know if you want to slap Megan, or fuck her. The last line was killer though, I have to admit. You really got under her skin.”

I sipped on my coffee, smirking into my cup, “It did, didn’t it.”

“I think this year’s going to be quite interesting.”