16

The only way I will ever die is if i take off the necklace I have on. That's another thing i share with vampires. My ring is like a daylight ring. It keep me alive, but if I take it off, I die. Kol and Finn are dead. Nicklaus's is dead. Elijah has fled. Elena is a vampire. Stefan hates me. Damon hates me. I hate me.

If I hadn't come back to Mystic Falls, none of this would have happened. My whole life, I have been chasing and murdering supernatural people. I have been broken thinking that my brothers were long dead. Hurt that the only man I was ever in love with told his older brother that i was just a toy for him.

My mother died when i was young. My father always hated me, and used me to hunt each vampire. My father shot my brothers, then shot me. Both of my brothers fed on me, one to the point of death. My love fed on me, then put in a stake in my heart, all for revenge. I killed the woman both of my brothers were madly in love with. I watch my boyfriend die in front of me. I sat back as my friends were hurting.

I broke Marcel's trust. I broke Stefan's trust. I broke Damon's trust. I broke Elijah's trust. I broke Rebekah trust. I broke Nicklaus' trust so many times.

I spent my whole life thinking i was in pain, but now i see that i was the one causing pain to others.

I no longer have anyone to say goodbye to. Nobody will miss me. No one will even realize that i am gone. My whole existence will be swallowed into a portal.

Stefan and Rebekah are on an island, looking for a cure to vampirism for Elena. Elijah is somewhere but here. Damon is consuming himself in alcohol beneath the room I am currently in. Nicklaus is lying in a coffin, in a tomb. Kathryn is nowhere to be found. Kol and Finn have been turn to ashes of nothing.

I am here. Lying in my bed, all alone. I feel the heavy pain on my chest, caused by the witches. The witches are calling out to me to join them. I grab a piece of paper and write a letter.

Dear whoever finds this,

By time you are reading this, you will find that I am a pile of ashes. I only cause pain. No joy, nor love. Everyone that still loves me is either gone or dead. I have been left alone in this cruel world.

To my brothers: I am so sorry for killing the woman you love. It was out of line, and I have now turned into a cruel person. Please never fight again. I know i am in no place to make wishes, but be there for each other. I love you both.

To my older sister: Though we may not be blood, you will always be the big sis I never had. Thank you for being there for me at all times when I needed you most. Please stay strong and be with Elijah as you fall into the deeps of death. I love you.

To my favorite non-blood brother: As said before, you are not blood, but you were there for me when others weren't. You have treated me as though i was another sister of yours. Guide Rebekah into the light, for she will be lost once I am gone. I love you.

Sincerely, Callie May Salvatore (Hallie May Graves)

I place the paper on my nightstand, and crumple to the bed. "I'm sorry." I whisper then remove the necklace from its place on my chest. "NO!" I hear from, my doorway, only to see my two brothers. The flames catch on my arms, and dance to my chest.