7

Today is the worst day of my life. My birthday. I walk up to the stone that has an empty casket underneath. They couldn't find my body, so they buried an empty box. I walk up and see Damon and Stefan. "I love you, Callie! If your still alive, come find us! Please!" Damon says crying. "I'm so sorry, Cals! I didn't mean to! I'm so so so sorry! I love you!" Stefan says. They both hug and I can feel my heart break in half.

"Why are you here, Hallie?" Stefan asks. "Oh, um, I was visiting a family member. I saw you two, so I wanted to see if you were okay. You don't look like the brothers that hug." I say and they laugh. "Today is our little sisters birthday. She would be 170 years old today. I killed her when I first turned!" He says and I look at him shocked. He thinks he killed me! Yeah, he hurt me badly, but father was the one who killed me!

"Today's my birthday as well. I'm here to visit my twin. She died in 1864. She was the opposite of me. Good, kind, pure, innocent, everyone loved her! Now, I'm the half that's left. I'm a horrible person! I have killed so many people, I have hated people, I am sarcastic, I'm rude! She would hate the me I became!" I say. It feels like I really did have a twin. Callie Salvatore was a sweet, innocent girl, but she died the second her father shot her back in 1864. Now, im Hallie Graves.

"Hello?" Damon asks waving his hand in my face. "Sorry, I dazed out." I say and they nod. "Well, we gotta go." Stefan says and I nod. They walk away, and I wait till there gone to walk to my grave. Here lies Callie May Salvatore. A sister, a best friend. May she rest in piece. I let a tear fall and sigh. "Looks like Callie Salvatore really is laying here!" I whisper.

I walk into the house and lay down. The door opens, and I jump up with a stake in hand. I vamp speed to the person, make my eyes glow and veins pop out, push them against the wall, and stake them in the gut. "It's okay, Hallie, it's me." A soothing British voice says while chuckling. "Sorry, Nik." I say then kiss him.

We lay on the bed, with my head on his chest and him playing with my hair. I play with his fingers on his free hand and kiss each one. "How do you remember me?" He asks and I look at him confused. "I compelled you to forget about me in 1993, then went away to keep you from getting hurt!" He says and I frown. "I can't be compelled." I say and he groans. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, his voice raising a little. "I wasn't expecting you to try. I was in love with you, I didn't think you would want me to forget you. I know you didn't want me to have you in my life, but I was worse off without you!" I say. "I didn't want to ruin your life, Hallie!" He yells. "You did when you abandoned me!" I whisper. He growls then slaps me.

"Hals, I'm so-!" He starts to say but I cut him off. "Get out! Get out, get out, get out!" I yell. He nods sadly then walks out. I fall to my knees crying. I know he did it out of anger, but that doesn't give him any right.