VI

Joohyun doesn't know what to expect.

One moment, she's enjoying her day like any other. The next moment, she's laying in her bed and crying.

She doesn't know why she even cries about it - it wasn't like she lost anyone.

If anything, the only thing she lost was herself.

--

Junmyeon wonders why everything even happened; why fate decided to make everything end like this.

He knew Joohyun forgot him the moment they had their last time together - the lost look in her eyes said otherwise.

i'm sorry i'm thinking back to that live stream where she just got her wisdom teeth removed and she was still high and the members asked her, "do you remember when that picture was taken?" and she was so confused. that's what i picture. okay moving on.

Still, he kept her in his heart - even though she most definitely didn't remember him.

It sounds sappy, and he knows that.

What was the point of even trying to find her?

She's gone.

He knows he promised to find her, but in the end...

Promises were made to be broken.

--

"Hyung?"

Junmyeon looks up, raising his head from his hands.

"Oh, Chanyeol. Hey."

There's a concerned look plastered onto his face. "Has there been something bothering you?"

Junmyeon folds his hands together, keeping them there tightly. He lies.

"No, why?"

The corner of Chanyeol's mouth twitches, like something Junmyeon said, wasn't right.

He sighs. "Nothing. Forget about it."

He walks past Junmyeon, who was sitting on the couch, following him with his eyes. He goes towards the coat rack to grab his own coat.

Junmyeon raises an eyebrow. "Where are you going?"

Chanyeol shrugs. "Just taking a walk."

"In this crummy weather?"

"I feel like it."

And with that, he opens the door, walks out, and closes it.

--

Chanyeol has no idea what he's thinking.

Why was he taking a walk again?

His thoughts are swimming around in his head as he shuts his eyes unconsciously, still walking.

The snow covers the sidewalk like a blanket as it continues to fall. Chanyeol regrets not wearing a hat.

Quickly, he covers his face with his scarf and his boots continue to crunch in the snow.

His eyes are still closed; he knows he shouldn't have closed them, to begin with.

He hated the fact that he did things unconsciously - it only caused him trouble.

And that was exactly what happened today.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, he continues to walk. But this time, faster.

He wants to go quickly to a place where there would be some kind of heat. 

He should've listened to Junmyeon; it was freezing out here.