V

okay, i didn't add an author note in the last chapter because i wanted to keep the message at the end as an ironic twist.

and to keep it dramatic.

so yeah.

here's this chapter.

edit: i had a different idea so i had to edit it.

--

Seungwan didn't expect to have a mental breakdown of her own.

And even worse, right in front of Joohyun.

She knew it was her fault that all of this made Joohyun who she is now; she should've told Joohyun before she forgot.

Of all the things Joohyun could forget, she forgot him.

Seungwan knew she should've told her about what happened after the incident occurred, but she kept her mouth shut.

She regretted not telling her, even after seven years.

That night, Seungwan cries herself to sleep.

--

"J-Joohyun! You're awake!" She exclaims.

"Seungwan?"

There's a pair of arms around her, holding her there tightly. A timid and shaky voice whispers in her ear as if she's trying not to cry. "I thought you would never come back..."

She returns the hug, keeping mum.

After a few minutes, Seungwan pulls back. "I'm sorry Junmyeon could make it. He's at work today."

The name sounds familiar, but Joohyun can't seem to decipher it.

"Jun... who?"

Seungwan's smile wavers, but she manages to keep it on. "Junmyeon? Suho?"

"I... I'm sorry," Joohyun admits quietly, "who is that?"

Seungwan sucks in a breath, concerned. "You know, your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? I don't remember having a boyfriend."

I don't remember...

Seungwan fights back tears that aren't supposed to be there. She wonders why she's so concerned about Joohyun - it wasn't her business that Joohyun and Junmyeon loved each other.

But she didn't want her to forget.

No, not yet. Not when she was at her weakest point.

She didn't want to lose another person in her life. She's already lost so much.

Joohyun almost lost herself - lost her own life.

Seungwan knows Joohyun's still there - but she wasn't.

There was something about her that was... off. Besides the fact that she almost completely forgot her own boyfriend, she's been more emotional.

Then Seungwan learned about the flashbacks.

She knew she should've told Joohyun what happened to her right away - of course, she hesitated.

Hesitated for seven years, at least.

--

Seulgi wondered why her parents hated their children so much.

Maybe... her and her brother were never meant to exist? That they were mistakes just like everyone else?