Chapter 13: Scared of Happy

"I didn't?" Luka said calmly, not being disturbed the slightest that we were interrupted during a very personal topic.

"Well, I certainly don't remember that practicing SoloQ included someone visiting you." Joey's serious expression scared me, so I directed my eyes on the ground.

The room was filled with awkwardness and I felt myself feeling nervous.

"Look, I have no clue what you two were doing." Joey began his lecture. "But Luka, I don't approve secret meetings with a female person in the Gaming House, especially when she's a member of a rival team." His raised voice gave me shivers and I felt so uncomfortable during his rant. I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I agreed meeting in G2's Gaming house and now I just wanted to leave as fast as I could.

Suddenly I stood up and faced Joey. "I'm deeply sorry for causing trouble and I know that this whole situation could be misleading, but it was never my intention to mess something up in terms of LCS or anything else and I hope you will believe me. I know that I overstepped the line of friendship between two rival players, but once again, I never planned to manipulate him or something like that." Now my eyes were specifically focused on Joey and I made sure that my expression didn't crumble even though Joey's face was horrifying.

Then he nodded slowly, he probably didn't expect such an explanation by me.

"I approve of your apology, but I think it would be better if you would leave now."

I nodded and left the room without any complaints. And when I heard Jesper's voice from the kitchen who asked what was going on, I straightforwardly ran to the door and closed it immediately.

Origen Gaming House, 10 PM

When I arrived at the Gaming House, Enrique already anticipated my arrival.
"I'm glad you're finally here, why didn't you pick up the phone? We were all worried because you didn't tell anyone where you went."

"I am so sorry. I forgot to deactivate silence mode and I went to my parents." I lied into his face and hoped he wouldn't ask further. In reality, I hung around for hours in the park, just to calm myself after the incident with Joey and Luka.

Luckily he believed me and immediately forgave me. "It's okay to spend time with your parents on your free day, but please let someone know next time."

Quickly I nodded and apologized one more time. Then I ran into my room and jumped into my bed. After this day, I didn't want to talk to anyone.

But then someone interrupted the silence and knocked on my door.

Annoyingly I sat up and answered, "Come in."

But my annoyance quickly faded and switched to surprise as I saw Paul coming in. I wouldn't say that we didn't get along, but we weren't very close either.

"Don't look at me like that, I know you didn't expect me. At least try to look happy to see me."

"I didn't mean it like that!" I assured him. "I'm positively surprised, I promise!"

Suddenly Paul's facial expression changed into a more distant one which made me gulp nervously. Were his intentions of speaking to me not good?

"Actually, I want to warn you. Not in a bad way, more like giving you a friendly advice."

His indirect threat made me uncomfortable and I insecurely took a step back. I had no idea what he wanted from me.

Paul didn't flinch a bit and began to talk significantly to me.
"You might want to correct me, but I noticed that you and a certain person became relatively close. Maybe too close?"