Chapter 4: First LCS game

An awkward silence came as we both stood there and didn't know what to say. Finally I made the first step.
"Mithy... It's been a while." I said in a cold manner.
"Well, yes... So you're really playing." Alfonso asserted I was wearing an OG shirt.
"Yeah... I guess, we'll face up in a few weeks. Sadly, not as supports, but at least in the same lane." 

I don't really know what to say without going deeper in the OG-G2 drama. I never was that close to mithy, but he was still one of my friends. At least before he left Origen. It was so sad that this one simple thing destroyed our friendship. But I was still not over the fact that they left without talking about it. I just can't trust him so fast again.
"Whatever... we'll see us someday." I bowed out while avoiding to look in his face. Then I made my way past him without waiting for his answer.

"Nice name on your shirt, by the way."

I frozed when I heard his last comment. I was wearing a shirt with Zven's name on it, because mine didn't arrive yet. It had been one of my favorite shirts and I could have worn it every day, because it actually has the smell of Jesper. I almost threw it away, but then kept it, cause I'll get my own soon anyway. At least it'll have a last usage.
I didn't expect someone to notice though. My long hair hid most part of the shirt and that was actually my goal. Hopefully no other person will notice, because this is the last thing I wanna happen.

After I ate a bit, it was time to go on stage. Many people were already in the new studio. It was a smaller version of the other stage, which is now called Arena.
I felt uncomfortable, when people began to look at me and whisper. They were probably discussing about me. Others were chanting 'Origen' or 'xPeke'. Most of the people were Origen fans. At least we're the crowd's favorite.
Even though I've been on stage once before, being a player was a whole different story. I was nervous, knowing that everyone's expectations are high.
When I finished plugging in my gear, I put my headset on and was one more time blessed that I couldn't hear no one but my team members through it. My body was still shaking and I barely noticed about what my team mates were talking. Our coach Nico and Enrique stood by my side and helped me. They gave me last tips and tried to calm me down.
"When you don't know what to do, then tell Hybrid or follow Soaz's or Amazing's calls. And don't be afraid to talk, scream if necessary." With this last advice Peke left the stage while Nico prepared for the pick and ban phase.
The match was starting soon, as we logged in our accounts and waited for the invitation. The others were fooling around while I was quiet because of nervousness. I can't even imagine to be like this one time!
I didn't even notice that my handwarmers glided through my hands until Glenn picked them up.
Being relieved, I gave him a thankful smile. I couldn't even speak properly, so I hoped he would understand my appreciation.
"I know what you're going through." He said with a caring voice. "I needed the whole Spring Split and Playoffs to finally feel comfortable playing on stage. And when we were in Rotterdam, I was just blown away by the big crowd. But it was also a nice feeling to win in my home country."
"Looks like Glenn is the psychologist in our team. Did you all see before how he tried to calm May down and motivated her? And now he's just doing it again!" Tristan teased him a bit.
"Or he tries to impress her. Every girl expects a boy that he understands her feelings even though she isn't saying anything." Maurice interjected and we all laughed because of this comment while I saw the embarrassment in Glenn's face. He tried to hide it, but this time I was one hundred percent sure that he was red all over his face.
"That's almost pedophile, dude! I'm not even full age and he's 21." I denied it and even giggled a bit.
"For real though, every pro player went through this process when they played for the first time on stage." Paul said now in a more serious voice. "Some people need one game, others the whole split."
"Yeah, just imagine this is a normal scrim." Nico added. "Team Vitality decided to sub in Reje who hasn't much experience either. He seemed not stronger than you in scrims. So just wreck him."
With these words, I got my old confidence back and nodded. "Thank you guys, I will give my best."