Chapter 9: Glitch in the System

[WARNING: This chapter contains some dark and frightening scenes.]

[JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V]

(Around 3 p.m.)

Jimin was safely brought back to his room, forced to stay in bed. We had to prop up his leg with a couple pillows and set an ice pack on his ankle to help with the swelling. It really was sad to see him like that. He was one of the members who were most excited about this trip. But now he is highly discouraged due to this incident.

Although, I can't really blame him. I was part of that reason. I kind of was being rude to him. But, I didn't mean to. Ya know? That is just who I am. That is how I like to mess around. But in the end, if it came down to it, I would help someone in an instant no matter what. I would proudly throw myself in the way of danger for my friends.

Especially Y/N.

I may do stupid things, but I always try to put other people before me.
I apologized to Jimin, so it seemed as though he forgave me. But, Jimin is a sensitive guy. Very touchy....So, I would not be surprised if it took him a bit of time to heal.
And I am not talking about his ankle...
That's another story.

"I should get him something and bring it back to the room for him. It might make him smile." I nod to myself, wandering the halls of the mansion to look for any sort of gift shop I might find.

"Most places like this have a gift shop. I wonder where it could be?" I whisper softly to myself.

[TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V]

(3:45p.m.)

Taehyung had watched Jungkook leave out of the rec room somewhere. He was curious where he was going, since it was in a direction that wasn't anywhere near the area they were supposed to stay in. So, he decided to follow.

《▪▪▪》

It was a cool evening, where the halls of the mansion grew a bit colder in the night. I hadn't seen any signs of that butler man since the time we checked in yesterday. It was actually kind of strange.

"But, where did Jungkook go?" I say. I didn't see exactly where he went off to. I guess I was too slow.
"I thought it was right around here somewhere?" I frowned and looked around the corridor I found myself following.

《•••》

[JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V]

I turn down the dimly lit hallway. I wasn't paying too much attention so, I had no idea what was going to happen. The lights on the walls flickered. I looked up towards the windows on my right and saw that the glass began to cover over with a light sheet of ice. It was quite puzzling since it wasn't the season for it.

"It wasn't supposed to snow, was It? That wasn't in the forecast." I walked over to the window and reached my hand out slowly, grazing just my fingertips over the surface of the glass. As soon as my fingers touched it, I heard a loud howl as if a huge gust of wind made it's way inside of the hotel. I shot my head into the direction of where it came from. I saw a large black shadow standing at the end of the hallway. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there and held my breath. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't move.
It seemed as though it was staring right at me with a piercing gaze straight through my soul. I jumped when my phone went off. I had received a text message.
I took my eyes off the figure for a quick moment to look down at my phone. But what I saw really freaked me out. One sentence flashed in red across my screen. Glitching, crackling....