Chapter 6: Lingering Doubts

[HORROR/SUSPENSE]

《•••》

[Y/N'S P.O.V]

Once you get settled into your room with the three young troublemakers, (by unpacking, hanging clothes up in the little closet they provided and "girl-i-fied" up your side of the hotel suite) you throw your pajamas on and climb under your covers.

What happened earlier today really set you on edge. That peculiar event left a major impression on you, and you couldn't shake that uneasy feeling no matter how hard you tried. You were plagued by too many intrusive thoughts.

What was that random chill of air that flew through me?

Why does Jimin and Taehyung remember that man being behind that front desk once we entered the door, but I don't?

How can somebody not be there for one second, but are there when I look back, like magic?

"My mind has got to be playing tricks on me. I must be exhausted." You say softly to reassure your mind and body that you were just seeing things.

But you weren't. You knew for a 100% fact, that no person was occupying that damn help desk when you arrived.

In order to confirm and/or deny your suspicions, you thought that it would be a good opportunity to text a friend and face the problem straight on. You take a deep breath to calm your breathing.

"Everyone else is exploring the mansion, but I think I remember hearing Namjoon say he was going to stay in his room due to the long drive. I'll text him."

You go to your phone's contacts and find his name, beginning a new message:

You slumped back in utter disbelief

You slumped back in utter disbelief. "So Namjoon realized it too? He just confirmed that I wasn't alone when I thought that no one was at that desk when we arrived at Kraven manor. What the hell is going on here?" You gulp hard, clenching your phone tightly in the palm of your hand.

"Why did Namjoon say that no one was there? He basically agreed with me and confirmed the doubts that I had but instead, he said I was being weird and unreasonable?" You make a face of disgust and throw your arms into the air from pure irritation as if someone else was sitting right in front of you, allowing you to vent and hold a normal conversation with them. Of course that wasn't the case. You were inside the room alone. You didn't feel like going out on a tour. You had too much on your mind.

"Whatever is going on, I seriously need to get some peace of mind. Maybe I'll ask Jimin and Taehyung again tomorrow. See if they still stick with what they said earlier." You sigh, sliding down under your blankets.
"Why is it no matter how many good, encouraging things I try and tell my body and mind, but none of them make the feeling of dread go away?"

You felt like crying. But you would just get scolded again if you tried texting Namjoon about it once more. That, or you would be ignored.

You take in a deep breath and gaze around the suite.
"Something weird is happening but, I'll just let it go for now. I'm probably being paranoid... and awfully stupid since this is a new place where I have never traveled to." You nod once.
"That has got to be it! No other explanation other than my body feeling sore and that I need some definite Z's." You laugh. "That is it. That has got to be it."

You yawn, taking a peek at the clock on the light night stand next to the Queen sized bed you had been blessed with.

[11:03 P.M.]

"It's only eleven? Seriously?" You narrow your eyes at the bright led numbers on the screen.
"It's too early. But if I don't go to bed now, I'll be even more wiped tomorrow and I won't wanna go play tennis or swim in the indoor pool." You pout, feeling helpless at your first world problems as well as your terrible indecisiveness.

"I give up." You pull the thick, white, padded comforter up to your shoulders and close your eyes.
"I don't care that everyone else is having a tour. I'm going to get some sleep."

With that, you drifted off into a nice slumber. Leaving your worries behind you.

[END: PART 6]

*Author's note: Sorry that this was another short chapter. But, things are finally getting creepy! Things will indeed begin to pick up soon. I promise. Have patience and have faith in me