Chapter 8: Self doubt

[WARNING: This chapter contains mild language and frightening elements.]

👁

👁

👁

[JIMIN'S P.O.V]

Leaving my room, I couldn't help but notice something was off about Y/N. She seemed really distressed about her nightmare. I hope she'll be okay. I hope that her being here wasn't putting any pressure on her mind.

I'm slightly worried. One thing has me really baffled.

"Why did she think that there wasn't anyone at the desk?" I tapped my chin with my index finger as I strolled down the hall to find the stairs.
"She was super adamant over the fact she was sure no one was there."

I sigh out, unsuccessful at trying to make any sense of it.
"She is probably just stressed and tired. But, I still can't help but wonder."

I shrug my shoulders and throw away that negative thought to the back of my brain.
"I'll ask about her dream later, if she still wants to tell me."

I find the opening to the stairs and begin to walk down. But as I took my first step, I heard a loud and harsh whisper behind me which made me jump, caused me to misstep and slip down the first flight of stairs. I smack my back against the wall and gasp out in pain.

"Sh-shit! What the hell?!" I rub my side, immediately looking up to see if there was another person standing in the hallway. Maybe it was someone who also checked into this establishment, but much to my surprise, no one was there in the area I was just standing in.

"What the fuck? W-was I just...hearing things?" I panted heavily, my heart racing for no reason at all. "Why am I so clumsy? I was obviously just hearing things." I laugh nervously, trying to get back up on my feet but it seemed as though I twisted my ankle. As soon as I tried to stand back up, I cried out in agony and slid right back down to the floor.

"Great. This is turning out to be a perfect start to this getaway." I roll my eyes and pull out my phone to text Namjoon but something wasn't quite right with it.

I sent a text to him, but a weird black and red text flashed on my screen:

"What?" I say quietly, looking around. "A-am I going crazy?"

I hear a beeping noise and I glance down at my phone's screen again. Everything had gone back to normal. As if I didn't witness that strange glitch popping up on the middle of my phone.