Don't Wanna Cry ; Kageyama X Reader

Start from the beginning

But you don't mind.

Your eyes peer up at Kageyama, while your mouth slowly stops chewing, before you swallow and tilt your head sideways to show your confusion.

And god, Kageyama can't help but notice how-how adorable you look with the way your head is tilted, leading a few strands of your hair to slide off your shoulder and dangle freely. Or the way your eyes hold a soft look in them, as they stare at Kageyama differently than all the other uninterested and scared looks he's always received from everyone. And the way you actually take in account of Kageyama's presence, instead of deciding he's not worth your time and continuing back to your eating.

Not knowing what to do, or what he's feeling, Kageyama completely freezes up.

"C-can I help you?" You question shyly, as Kageyama continues to stand frozen on the spot.

"U-uh Yea. I was j-just wondering if you wa-wanted to join me and my fri- I mean my friends and I f-for lunch?"

"Wow, he's so nervous, he corrected his grammar." Tsukishima chuckles.

"Forget that, he just called us his friends!" Hinata whisper yells in slight shock.

"Really? You want me... to join you guys for lunch?" You question is disbelief, as you've never been asked to sit with anybody else during lunch hour.

Not knowing if your answer is good or bad, Kageyama simply nods.

"...ok. Thank you." You whisper, while getting up out of your seat, and walking behind Kageyama with your opened bento in your hands, as he leads you toward the group of four, now six.

"..hi, I'm (L/N)(F/N), it's nice to meet you." You greet the group, giving them a small bow of appreciation.

The four return your bow and greeting, before immediately tucking away into a conversation.

"So, (L/N)-san, are you interested in any sports?" Hinata asks eagerly.

"Mmm, I'm not really a sporty person. But I quite enjoy volleyball." You reply, oblivious at the fact that the boys sitting in front of you are volleyball players.

"Really?! Do you play?!" Hinata and Kageyama ask eagerly, Kageyama seeming much more excited than before.

"O-oh, no I don't play. I used to in elementary, but I guess I just stopped once I entered middle school." You explained, shyly glancing everywhere but the boys in front of you.

"You should totally join the girls volleyball team!" Hinata yells.

"Oh no, I couldn't do that. I'd totally weigh down the team."

"But if you're interested in volleyball, why don't you play?" Kageyama suddenly asks.

"I guess I just enjoy to watch rather than play."

"Really? You should totally come watch one of our games some time! You could watch Kageyama-kun play, he's quite good you know."

"Really?" You smile, while looking towards a suddenly red Kageyama.

"Really. He's probably the best on the team, if I'm being honest. He's a genius."

"Ok. I'll definitely have to come watch some time, to see if he really is what you make him to be Hinata-san."

As Hinata opens his mouth to speak, he's cut off by the bell to signal lunch break is over.

As you stand up and turn to walk back to your desk to collect your belongings, Kageyama cuts you off with a slight grip on your wrist.