Don't Wanna Cry ; Kageyama X Reader

Start from the beginning

"My-what?"

"Your crush! You know, from last night?"

"Hinata what the hell are you on ab-"

"My precious kohai has a crush aye?" Tanaka interrupts, throwing an arm around Kageyama's shoulder.

"Yea! We were walking home from practice last night, and he ran into her. Literally!"

"No, that's-are you-no. I don't have a crush Tanaka-san. A girl just ran into me, picked up the things that I dropped, and apologized. That's it." Kageyama rambles, becoming flustered by all the attention being put on him.

"You missed the part where you blushed and stomped of-"

"Urusai, Hinata!"

"Who's the lucky girl, huh kid?" Tanaka continues, giving Kageyama a hard pat on the back.

"Pft, lucky girl." Tsukishima snickers, before being cut off by a small smack across the arm from Hinata.

"You know, we never got her name did we?" Hinata suddenly realizes.

"Oh, her name's (L/N)(F/N). She's in Tsukki and I's class." Yamaguchi cuts in.

"Really?! Perfect! Kageyama can join us at lunch today and invite (L/N)-san to sit with us!" Hinata bubbles at his brilliant idea, bouncing on the tips of his toes.

"Hinata, no!" Kageyama says, seeming repulsed at the idea.

"Come on Yamayama-kun. You're never going to get a girlfriend with that attitude."

"I already told you. I don't want a girlfriend."

"Kageyama. Do you think I'm dumb-actually, don't answer that. Anyway, how stupid do you take me as, if you think I believe you. Now, you're coming to sit with us at lunch, and invite (L/N)-san to join, whether you like it or not."

"Wow. Demanding. That's hot."

"Tsukishima!"

"Sorry."

"Alright, lets get running!" Daichi cuts off all conversations with a yell.

"Yes captain!" Everyone yells in response, before getting off the floor and running a few warm up laps.

•••

"Ah ah ah, not so fast Kageyama-kun." Hinata smiles, quite evilly might I add, while grabbing Kageyama by his shirt and dragging him to the classroom before he continues an attempt to run away.

"Hinata!" Kageyama groans, struggling to break free of Hinata's deathly grip.

"Don't "Hinata" me. Now go." Hinata says sternly, pushing Kageyama towards your direction.

Hinata joins Yamaguchi, Tsukishima, and Yachi who are sat down at a desk holding their lunches. The four watch as Kageyama stands dumbstruck, glancing back and forth between you and the others.

As Kageyama makes eye contact with Hinata, Hinata starts making exaggerated hand gestures to try and encourage his friend forward.

Kageyama suddenly becomes noticeably nervous and sweaty, much to his confusion, and starts to mouth a round of "no," "I can't do this," "Are you crazy," "Hinata," and "Stop!"

"Oh for Pete's sake Kageyama!" Hinata whisper yells, standing from his chair and pushing Kageyama in frustration, until he's stood next to your desk.

"She's... eating alone. Just like me." Kageyama thinks.

"A-Ano." Kageyama says anxiously, while nervously fidgeting with his hands.

Unknown to Kageyama, his restlessness and nervous feelings cause his scowl to deepen, making him appear more intimidating than usual.