Hope

Hello everyone! Glad to see you all love my book! I was re-reading my last chapter and damn...did I have a lot of errors. I hope there wont be as many in thins one, but one or two always seem to get over looked by me, so if you see one just comment on it and I will take care of it!

Dedicated to: BookWormlover143

~love your comments :)

Enjoy!

DONT OWN FT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV

"LUCY!" I had heard a huge splash an turned around to find my blond partner missing. I ran to where she had been searching and quickly started looking around for her. Where is she? Where is she?!

"Lucy!" I called quickly scanning the shore lines. My eyes soon were scanning the water. The tied had now come in and it was rushing fast and deep. No way anyone could swim out of that. Damn! What do I do? I ran down the river some more to try to spot her, but I couldn't see anything. I cant just sit here and wait to see her pop up. Hell, She might not ever pop up. I need to go in and save her!

I took a few steps back, took a deep breath and was ready to jump in after her. I started running toward the river to jump, but on my last stride someone grabbed me and pulled me down.

"What the-" I cursed as they pulled me back fast causing me to fall backward, "Damn it! Why did you stop me! She could be dead by now!" I stood up and yelled at the mystery person. The stranger slowly turned toward me and lowered there hood. I took a step back when I met the eyes of a small girl. Her dark blond, sandy hair was pulled into two high ponytail on the side of her head with bangs that framed her face. She was well tanned and her face held no emotion.

"She will get you too, if you go in like that. Your friend will be fine... for now," She turned her head to look at the water when she finished what she was saying.

"What do you mean 'for now'!" I was trying not to be angry at the girl, but I was practically shaking I was so mad and worried.

"She usually doesn't take people during the day, so she must have taken you friend for a reason," She said while looking down the river. This girl was around Wendy's age yet her eyes seem to be blank with emotion. They were dark and shadowed. It seemed like all the life in the had been pulled right out and had left her emotionless.

"Who are you..?" I asked gritting my teeth, "And who is this 'she' your talking about."

"I'm Sasha. I believe you already spoke with my parents, Mary and Joe," She spoke softly.

"Yes, I have," My worries died down a bit when she said Lucy should be fine right now, but my guard wasn't completely down, because I don't know if she truly knows or not. I don't even know if I can trust her.

"Here come back to our house. I will explain there. Its not safe out here anymore, the sun is going down," She put her hood back up and grabbed my wrist. She then started running, quite fast, to her home. She was stronger than she looked. Man, she was practically dragging me like a rag doll. It only took up a few minuets to reach her house and by that time the sun was gone.

"Please sit," She motioned for the middle table while she took her light brown cloak off and hung it up. Under her cloak she wore a cream colored shirt with a girdle on over it, tight, black, leather pants with a brown belt, and on that belt was a case full of tubes of potions and on the other hip a large dagger.

"Whats up with the potions and the weapon?" I pointed at her belt while she walked back to the table, Her head looked down to check her belt.

"I carry these because this town is no longer safe. These are things I can protect my self with," While talking she sat down in the chair across from me and crossed her arms.

"Now, to explain, the 'she' I was talking about is the spirit. The spirit that haunts this town. The one who cursed this land. My parents must have told you about the victims of her abductions, including my eldest sister, Evelyn. Well, those were all at night and those victims usually are later found dead. My sister however, hasn't been found, so I hope she is alive, but that chance is little. Your friend is different though. She was taken in broad daylight. I saw. She baited her, your friend fell into the trap, and she dragged her down. Where? I don't know. If you were to jump in she would have been right there to drag you down too," She said as she was leaning on her elbows over the table.

"How do we get Lucy back?" I demanded.

"We hope that she turns up on her own," Sasha looked me straight in the eye and said it with no emotion at all.

"That's it! Isn't there something we can do?!" I stood up an yelled. My world seemed to be closing in farther and farther in. I just wanted Lucy back. I just wanted to take her and leave this place. I couldn't handing the fact that the I could only hope to see her again.

"she was taken by a spirit. There is no way we can track them," She sighed and stood up, "Im sorry, truly I am. I know what its like to lose someone and never no if they are ok or not," Her eyes had a dead stare on the ground as she talked. First Igneel, then Lisanna, now Lucy?I survived with out Igneel and I know he can take care of himself, Lisanna came back and was fine, but when she was gone at least I knew what happened and that she was dead or so we thought and I managed with out her even though it was hard... But this? She slipped right out of my finger tips and now I don't know anything. If she is safe, if she is hurt, if she is fine....if she is dead... I don't know a thing... I don't know if I can manage without her. No, I cant live without her. I don't know what I would do with myself if I lost Lucy.

"Your welcome to stay here for the night. Going out anymore tonight isn't safe," She said as she walked over to the window and closed the curtains," My parents are probably sleeping upstairs already. I also will be going to sleep now upstairs. Im sorry, we don't have a guest room so if you don't mind, the couch if the only other place for you." I followed her to the living room and patiently stood there while she got me a few blanks from the closet. while she did that I stared at the ground. She quietly placed the neatly folded blanks on the couch before leaving to her room.

I stood there for a while, just thinking. I thought of ever single moment I had had with Lucy. All the way to the first moment I met her.

I plopped down on the couch with my head in my hands. I hadn't even realized it, but there were tears running down my face. I struggled to choke them down, I was crying worse that I was when I fought Gildarts.

It kills me knowing all I have now is hope.

.

And even my hope seems to be slipping out of my grasp.

~~~~~~
How was it? Is It getting good? I hope so.

Comment

Vote

Follow

~Nutella-chan