(y/n) POV

"Time is short," a voice echoed in my mind. "You must awaken. You must awaken! Now!"

"What?" Kid Flash asked. "What do you want?" Superboy's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Quit staring. You're creeping me out!"

"Uh, KF?" Robin said. "How about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?"

"We only sought to help you," Aqualad said to Superboy.

"Yeah, we free you and you turn on us," Wally added. "How's that grati-"

"Kid, please. Be quiet now. I believe our new friend was not in full control of his action."

"Well what if I..." Superboy suddenly said. "What if I wasn't?"

"He can talk?!"

"Yes. He can."

The three of us looked at Wally, glaring slightly at him.

"Not like I said 'it.'"

"The xenomorphs taught you," Aqualad stated. "Telepathically."

"They taught me much. I can read, write. I know the names of things."

"But have you seen them?" Robin inquired. "Have they ever actually let you see the sky? Or the sun?"

"Images are implanted in my mind. But... no. I have not seen them."

"Do you know what you are?" Kaldur asked. "Who you are?"

"I am the Superboy. A xenomorph. A clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him, should he perish. To destroy him should he turn from the light."

"To be like Superman is... a worthy aspiration."

"But like Superman," I jumped in, "you deserve a life of your own. Beyond that solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond CADMUS."

"I live because of CADMUS," Superboy snapped. "It is my home!"

"Your home is a test tube," Robin replied calmly. "We can show you the sun."

"Uh," Wally said, "pretty sure it's after midnight. But we can show you the moon."

"We can show you, introduce you, to Superman," Aqualad added.

Superboy's expression changed slightly.

"No. They can't." I looked up to see a small group of people walk into the room. "They'll be otherwise occupied," a man in a lab coat said, crossing his arms and smirking. "Activate the cloning process."

"Pass!" Robin said. "Batcave's crowded enough."

"And get the weapon back in its pod!" the scientist ordered.

"Hey, how come he gets to call Supey an 'it?'"

"Not helping right now, Kid," I said to him.

Guardian put his hand on Superboy's shoulder. The clone looked up at the heroes.

"Help us," Aqualad said.

Superboy shrugged Guardian's hand off his shoulder.

"Don't start thinking now," the man in the lab coat said. A xenomorph jumped onto his shoulder and Superboy's expression became blank. "See, you're not a real boy, you're a weapon. And you belong to me! Well, to CADMUS. Same thing. Now get back to your pod!"

Superboy turned and walked out of the room, the door shutting behind him. The scientist nodded to his female assistant, who worked the controls to the pods. Suddenly, metal arms rose from the ground and stabbed themselves into us. As soon as they connected with our bodies, electricity surged through us, causing us to cry out in pain.