Chapter Thirty-Two

Damn you, ever-nagging plot bunnies ... I just can't get this one out of my head. I am focusing on one story, but I wanted to get a foundation on this new one. So, here we go ... This will be similar to Buying Love, Friends with Benefits, Mafia Princess and The One That Got Away, with shorter chapters and weekly updates: I'm planning on keeping the update schedule with this one ... Sunday updates, Wednesday teasers.

Still with me?

Chapter Thirty-Two

EPOV

"This ends today, Jacob. Tonight. Now."

"For you, maybe," Jacob smirked, his body growing and fur poking through his skin. "I'm not going down without a fight."

"You lost everything, Jacob," I said, my hands clenching into tight fists. "Your leader is dead. Your pack is gone and I can feel the darkness already begin to recede from the world. Vampires are turning to ash. The dark elves are fading away and werewolves are losing their ability to shapeshift." I cocked my head, looking at him. "Except for you, but you're struggling, Jacob."

"I'm an alpha," Jacob said. "I will fight you until my dying breath. You took my mate from me."

"No, you did that to yourself, monster," I sneered. "With your inability to control yourself. You raped your wife. I smelled you on Rose. You raped her."

"I took what was rightfully mine," he said, smiling sadistically. "Just as your death is mine." His grin spread, making him look even more evil, more animalistic. "I'm going to enjoy killing you, Cullen." He allowed his body to fully transform and a massive black wolf stood in front of me, a low growl emanating from him.

"Bring it, fucker," I sneered, transforming into a bright white wolf and enchanting my talons, my teeth with my magic. This ended tonight. One of us was not going to survive this battle.

I prayed it wasn't going to be me. I had too much to live for.

BPOV

I helped Carmen remove Marcus from the wall. His body was heavy and I could smell the decay from his death permeate the room. Once he was down, I tugged down a curtain, covering his body. "I'm sorry, Marcus," I whispered, saying a prayer for him. "So sorry."

"Can you still feel Edward?" Carmen asked, her neck wrapped in bandage, but it was still bleeding. "Hear his thoughts."

"His mind is closed to me, but I can feel him. He's angry, with a touch of fear," I whispered. "But, he's beyond angry. I can feel his rage and contempt for everything that happened here." I was weary, sore and drained from using so much power. I heard an angry screech and Liam flew into the throne room as a thunderbird. In his talons, he held something. He hovered as he put that something down. I recognized her immediately. "Rose!" I gasped, falling to my knees, taking her broken human body into my arms.

Liam transformed and he crouched next to me. "I was flying to follow Lord Edward and I saw her running back to the castle. Or rather, stumbling. I smelled the blood on her and she collapsed. I picked her up and carried her here," Liam said. "She needs medical attention."

"Get Emmett," I said, cradling Rose's human form in my lap. She was beat to hell and I could smell Jacob all over her. Inside her. He'd done to her what he did to me, but it was far more brutal because I could smell blood, too. Emmett came barreling into the throne room. His face was haunted and torn, anger flashing in his eyes. He made his way toward me. He picked up his mate's tiny hand.

"Was she ...?" he trailed off. He inhaled and I heard him growl lowly. "Oh, Rosie ..." He blinked to me and his eyes were filled with sorrow. "How?"