History Lesson

Hey, whatever happened to that Wattpad History wiki we had all talked about? We should really get back to that.

Ahem. Anyway, here's my version of what happened, to the best I can remember it. Keep in mind that this is biased by my viewpoints and that I'm not trying to call anyone out, simply be honest about what happened and why it did.

Sometime in the summer of 2017, I was getting real peeved with my online and offline lives. Sucky things were going on with my health that I had very little control over, the U.S. government had gone to hell (even more than usual!), and it seemed that more and more pompous idiots were online than usual. You know the people I'm talking about: the people who would go on and on about how amazing and talented they were as writers, then immediately claim that they were being persecuted because others were jealous of their wonderful writing skills as soon as someone pointed out that their grammar was awful or their female characters needed to have personalities instead of just huge boobs.

There was nothing I could do about these people who kept popping up: if you tried to talk to them they just got more annoying and smug. So eventually me (and probably everyone else who ran into them) resorted to quietly laughing at these people, hate-reading their stories, and gossiping about the latest drama they had caused. I had fun secretly bashing the cocky a-holes who enjoyed sh*tting on writers they deemed unenlightened... but wasn't that exactly what I was doing? I felt horrible, not only because of what I had done, but because there seemed no way to stop it.

I realized there was nothing I could do to make the puffed-up amateur writers (who would pitch a fit if you called them amateur) leave, and it was unlikely that people were going to stop mocking them anyway, so I decided to create an easier target: the most pompous, cocky, uneducated, brat I could think of, with no skills, no patience, and no feelings. He could go around causing drama and sulking so people could laugh at him, and since he was fake as my nonexistent breast implants, no one's feelings would get hurt. 

The goal with this project was to provide a way to create controlled chaos on the threads and hopefully let out some steam so no one could be hurt by real chaos, write terrible and entertaining stories for people to laugh at (maybe I should become a comedy writer? probably not) and still comment on all those condescending writers, exes, presidents, "creators," Tinder creeps, and ex-friends that annoyed the living daylights out of me. 

I knew that people were going to guess (or maybe hope) that Tim was fake, and that's what I wanted. I wanted people to get in on the game. Before I did anything else, I added this disclaimer at the very bottom of Tim's board, so only the most dedicated stalkers could find it:

Just a small disclaimer (hidden here at the bottom, hehe): this entire account is a fake. I consider it an art project/experiment to see what will happen when people are faced with someone as obnoxious and egotistical as the fictional Tim Fortes, who in all honesty is anything but brave. Maybe at the end of this I'll make a short review of this account on my real profile, but for now, I hope you guys enjoy poking fun at this not-quite neckbeard and arguing with him about how good his writing skills really are (spoiler alert: they suck). Any views here are most likely not mine. I don't mean to offend anyone by what Tim says, and as a result the meanest things Tim will say will probably about people not being good at writing as he is... which doesn't mean anything, because he's terrible. If someone gets really bothered by what "Tim" has to say, I'll probably end up sending them a PM from this account to explain. That being said... If you learn the truth about Tim, please don't tell anyone else! That Tim is nothing but a way for me to add some drama and humor into the social scene of Wattpad is my secret, and if you're reading this, it's yours as well. So shh! Thanks for not breaking your computer over this idiot.