Chapter XVII

"How you feel about me mama?" Maceon asked as him and Monica walked side by side with no destination at all. They had been chilling for the past couple weeks, and started to become more comfortable around one another. But that only meant that Chris and Monica have been drifting more and more apart, there pride taking a toll on their friendship. Monica was tired of being the one to be mature and apologize. For once she wanted him to chase her and apologize, regardless if her decision was dumb or not.

"What you mean?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I mean exactly what I said. How you feel about me?"

"Uhh," Monica took a sip of her drink to buy time to think of an answer. It's not that she disliked him or anything, but she felt like she didn't know him long enough to be feeling anything special towards him. So she just mustered up the best answer she could give. "Well, I like talking to you. You make me laugh and smile a lot, and you just bring positive vibes whenever i'm around you. Every time we chill or talk I just know it's about to be a good time, so yeah."

Maceon stared at her for what seemed like forever before busting out in laughter. He went on laughing for a good five minutes, clutching onto his stomach with tears on the brim of his eyes as Monica stared at him with an unamused face expression. "What's funny?" She crossed her arms, obviously irritated.

"You soft as fuck." He laughed. "You make me totally happy and it feels like unicorns and sunshine whenever i'm around you." He mocked her in a high pitched voice while twirling his durag string as if it was a piece of hair.

"Alright whatever. I was just trying to be nice." Monica chuckled before sticking the middle finger at him.

Maceon grabbed her finger and somehow managed to grab her entire hand. He clutched on to her hand, and placed kisses on it, while giving her intense eye contact. "Nah, i'm just playing with you mama."

Monica felt that. Maceon was extremely attractive, and she was sure that he knew that he was attractive. He had that "typical hood boy" charm that girls loved and easily fell for, which only stressed the reason as to why she was going to keep it friendly with him.

"Mhm, whatever." She pulled her hand away from his grasp while avoiding eye contact with him. Maceon chuckled sensing her flustered behavior, but decided against teasing her on it.

"So how you been liking it so far?"

"Liking what?" Monica inquired.

"New York, ma."

"Oh, it's great. I like it a lot. I mean it's not too different from Boston, but still different, if that makes sense."

"Yeah I feel you. I've only been to like two places outside of New York."

"Really, that's it? Where?"

"Jersey and Atlanta. I mean of course I've traveled through other states or whatever, but actually visited and stayed, well only those two."

"Oh wow, so all you know is New York, huh?"

"Facts."

"Hm. I mean that's kind of like me." She reveals. "I've really only been in Boston. Born there, raised there, went to college there. My whole life and all my memories-both good and bad-are there."

"Damn." He chuckles. "You pretty bold for leaving all that behind. Why you leave anyway?"

The question made Monica tense up, but only a little bit. "Uh, just wanted something different, ya know?"

"Heard ju. Thinkin 'bout moving to Cali or sum actually."

"Seriously?"

"Deadass. Want sum new too I guess."