Chapter VII

Chris had woke up to loud banging on his front door. He groggily got out of bed and jogged over to the door to see who the annoying person was that woke him out if his sleep. When he opened the door, it was Moni standing there with a not-so-happy face expression. However, he wasn't focused on that. He eyed her up and down like she was the last chocolate bar left on the shelf. Moni always looked good, but tonight she definitely looked good. Chris had started to regret inviting her even more. He knew how his bros were and he did not want them trying to make moves on Moni.

"Nigga, I been waiting out here for ten minutes and now you have me waiting an extra two cause you're too busy checking me out to let me in." Moni stated in an irritated tone, crossing her arms over his chest.

Chris chuckled and let her inside. "My bad ma. A nigga was slumped."

"Mhmm, it's fine."

Chris had eyed her some more and noticed that her jeans were fitted perfectly, hugging every inch of her body. "You wearin that shit?"

Moni looked down at what she was wearing. "Yeah.... is it bad or something?"

He licked his lips and started walking towards his kitchen to grab a drink. "It's straight. Just asking."

Moni furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but nonetheless kept her mouth shut. She walked over towards his livingroom and sat on the couch. She turned his TV on and started flicking through channels.

"Your house is so nice." She complimented.

"It's aigh, thanks though."

"Nah, this is more than just aigh. This place is so huge— well for one person it is."

"Yeah," He nodded his head before taking a sip of his soda. "Thinking bout buying a new place. Something smaller and cozy."

"Really? Where you thinking bout moving to?"

"I don't know," He shrugged his shoulders. "All I know is that I want something smaller. It gets boring and lonely in this place."

Moni could detect his sad tone. She never really asked too much about his family. All she knew was that his mother left him at a young age and his father did a lot of traveling for his work ever since he was a young boy. Plus, he's an only child, so she figured that he was used to being lonely. Hence why he's always out instead of being at home.

"You never invite me over."

Chris looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You never ask."

"Because I want you to do it."

"Why?"

"Because," Moni thought about it for a second. "Because this is your house and I want to feel welcomed."

"You always welcome Moni, and you know that shit."

"Okay," She stated simply. "Go get dressed. I thought the boy is supposed to be the one waiting for the girl."

Chris chuckled as he walked towards his room. "Lemme do me."

...

     About an hour later, Chris and Moni were in the car, pulling up to the destination. His friend, Eric, had rented out the space of this club for his birthday celebration. Him and Eric weren't close friends, but every time they met up, there were always good times and good laughs. Both of them exited the car and started walking to towards the entrance. When they got inside, the party was already jumping. It would have been pitch black if it weren't for the purple and blue strobe lights and the flashes from the phones that were going off every few minutes. The club was more than packed.