Chapter XII

"Why...Why do you have Chris's phone?" Chantelle could hear the curiosity and slight attitude in Monica's voice.

"Because he's at my house. What do you need girl?"

"Where's Chris?"

"He's showering."

Monica scoffed and chuckled humorlessly. "So he goes to your house to shower or something?"

     Chantelle smirked, feeling satisfied with her reaction. She honestly did like Monica.... but she liked Chris better and cared for him more and she didn't like the idea of Monica trying to take him away from her. And although Monica and Chris claimed to just be friends with no feelings involved, she knew that was not the case. Especially after Chris just moaned her name out minutes ago. So she decided to play with her feelings a bit. "Yup.... atleast after we have sex. Why wassup?"

     Monica, shocked to hear Chantelle say that, stood quiet on the phone. She figured that they had something, maybe in the past, but she didn't think they'd be fuck buddies. She wanted to be mad and curse them both out, but the question was, what gave her the right to do that? She wasn't Chris's girlfriend and her and Chantelle just met, so it's not like she should feel betrayed or anything. But something in her felt weird. She couldn't help but feel a type of way about it.

"Ohhh," She chuckled a little. "Too much information, but uhh, just tell him I called, okay?"

"No problem girl! I got you. But is it anything urgent?" Chantelle tried to come off sincere.

"Nah, it's cool. Just tell him to hit me up on his free time."

"Gotchu. Bye girl!"

     Monica immediately hung up without saying goodbye. She lowkey felt betrayed... but she knew that was unreasonable because she didn't have any reason to. Chris could do whatever he wanted, which also meant that she could do what she wanted too. She now felt like she was bothering him. Like maybe they needed space from one another. One thing she hated was putting in effort, and feeling like the other wasn't. She would gladly back off if that was the case. But little did any of them know that both of them were feeling the same exact way.
...

   Chris finally exited the shower after about 20 minutes. He doesn't know why he was in there for so long, but sometimes the shower was just the place to think. He felt like a bitch for being all in his feelings, and even felt more like a bitch because it was over a girl he only knew for almost 5 months. He got out the shower and saw Chantelle was chilling in bed, playing on her phone. It was silent between them as he got changed again and got ready to dip out.

"Leaving again, huh?" Chantelle spoke up. Chris shrugged his shoulders and continued to get dressed. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

"Chantelle I don't know what you want from me."

"I want you to want me!" She yelled, her voice cracking a little. "Like... like I want you."

Chris felt exasperated at the moment. He figured it was his fault for leading her on by having sex with her again. "I can't make that happen Chantelle."

"Why not?" She spat. Chris didn't have an answer for her, so he just looked away. "Cause of Monica?" She spat, her voiced laced in envy and anger.

"What? Fuck she gotta do with this?" Chris felt his voice raising. He was tired of everything relating back to her. He just wanted to go a day without hearing her name, or thinking of her, or missing everything about her, but it seemed as if it was impossible.

"You're fucking in love with her or some shit!" Chantelle blurted.

Chris furrowed his eyebrows and laughed. "In love with her? Do I got love for her? Most definitely. But in love? That's a whole 'nother thing." He explained truthfully.